Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THIS RAM SUPPORT ONLY XMP pro?help

Hi
    I bought gskill ripjaw x F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL (2x4GB) , My mother board (Asus a88xma with amd A10-6800k processor) this ram default speed is 1600 i trying to overclock to 2133 but it wont change ...then i search your website about this ram i shocked all the motherboards this ram supporting is INTEL based which is XMP profile ...So let me know this ram not support AMP profile?? can i change or not the ram speed?? help me..

Thanks

Originally posted by love0rdie View Post
    F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL (2x4GB)

So let me know this ram not support AMP profile?? can i change or not the ram speed??
    No, the kit does not have an AMP, barely any kits other than AMDs own Radeon memory have. However ASUS has implemented a workaround on their AMD motherboards to apply settings from an XMP. It is called D.O.C.P. and it works quite well for some kits and not so much for others.

When D.O.C.P. fails to apply stable settings, you usually have to manually configure the memory settings. We can then try to help you with that.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Hi
      Thank you for your valuable reply i bought this model ram 4x4 GB =16 GB now running at 1600 ok.

1.if increase the ram speed i will face any problem like temperature or something else?

2.Then help me with above my rig information to increase my ram speed manually please step by step if you can please with screen shots

Thank you

Comment

1, No problem, but temp will be slightly higher for motherboard and CPU.

2. That particular motherboard is not available for testing, so we can not provide accurate screen shots.

Comment

If you provide me screenshots from

a) Aida64 > Motherboard > SPD (make sure to enlarge the column with the timings so that they are all visible) and
          b) the memory timing and voltages section in your UEFI (save screenshots to USB flash storage via F12 key)

i will try to help you with manual settings.
          Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Working...
          X