[UNDER PROCESS] F3-12800CL7D-4GBPI is not working on MSI X48

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [UNDER PROCESS] F3-12800CL7D-4GBPI is not working on MSI X48

hello my current system is as follows, i am using the msi x48c motherboard and to set memory timings manually there are no auto settings.

MSI X48C platinum with bios V7.2
    G.Skill F3-12800CL7D-4GBPI (2048MB x 2)
    Intel Q9300 2.5gz at 1.5V stock. (OC at 3.0ghz 400FSBx7.5 at 1.2125V)

ok so i used to have some DDR3 in there which worked at 1066 at 1.5V and the cpu primed fine at the aforementioned settings.

so now i try running the same OC on the cpu with XMP enabled and Dram timings configured by SPD... and it wont pass mem test or boot to windows.
    in memtest it boots at 1600mhz but CAS is 7-6-6-15 and it fails. with XMP enabled and set to advanced (so fsb is 400 and ram is set at a 1:2 divider giving 1600 effectually.

and if i dont enable XMP and manually set it to 1:2 it also crashes in memtest with CAS at 9-9-9-20 or close to.

in bios the FSB term volts, are auto. cpu pll also auto, ram is manually set set to 1.92V and Cpu voltage is set to 2.125 evertying else not mentioned is auto.

so heres the pic of the bios settings i need to manually enter to make it run at the 7-7-7-18 is supposed to. what should these values be set to.

please add the FSB voltage to 1.4-1.5v
    for DRAM Timing, set 7-7-7-18 2N and keep other sub timings auto/default
    and we'll also contact with MSI about this issue
    thanks

G.S

Comment

there are no auto settings. in the manual config (when this is set to config by SPD it fails mem test and CAs settings are auto detected at 7-6-6-15 as mentioned earlier)

they must be manually configured.
      as above in the picture.
      after a clear CMOS and load optimised settings,
      the values are 7-7-7-18-38-12-12-12-12
      then there is MCH Read delay (tRD) Auto
      1N/2N memory timing - default is auto i set it to 2N

also tried increasing the NB voltage from - 1.42-1.46-1.50V and none of these help.
      i do hope you didnt mean set the FSB termination voltage to those values as, anything above cpu voltage will cause instablity.

Comment

ok so i can get past post and boot into windows with the following settings
        MCH (tRD) - Auto
        2N

but this is very unstable and this is what memtest says the memory is set to.

BREAKING NEWS since then...
        i'll post another screenshot tomorrow, but i got it running a bit more stable and will post a everest screenshot of the XMP profiles settings which are like 7CL-7RCD-7RP-18RAS-30RC-60RFC-3CR-6RRD-10WR-6WTR-6RTP but i cant set all of these values in my bios especially difficult is the 3T setting. any idea if this is the correct XMP profile setting? will let you know how it goes tomorrow. any work on yourbehalf is apreciated. talk to you later.
        Last edited by peake; 09-12-2008, 04:03 AM.

Comment

we are going to borrow this mobo from msi, if there is any update, we will keep you post. if you have any update, please let us know too. thanks

Comment

thought you should know...
            i have since changed my hardware to get the most out of the ram i bought.
            i am now running a Asus Rampage Extreme mobo with a Q9550.
            the No.1 reason for it not working on the MSI board is the AWFUL bios.

so who wants to buy a MSI X48C.

Comment

thanks
              it seemed like the motherboard's problem

G.S

Comment

Working...
              X