Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSODs, failing to post with two kits of F3-12800CL9D-8BRL

Hello,

I am having difficulties running two kits, model F3-12800CL9D-8BRL in a 4x4GB configuration. I have had issues getting the motherboard to post, and also frequent memory related BSODs.

Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair V Formula Z
    CPU: AMD FX 8350

I have attempted to manually enter the configuration for 1600mhz, resulting in issues posting. The 1333mhz Jedec failsafe profile posts, but results in severe system instability.

I have ruled out the motherboard's DIMM slots by testing each kit separately and in different slot configurations. By themselves, the kits are stable and pass memtest.

I have managed to get the system to post, though, at 1600mhz after increasing the CPU/NB voltage and clock speed to 2400mhz, originally at 2200mhz. However, the system is still unstable.

What should I try next? It simply seems to me that the AMD FX 8350's IMC simply does not want to collaborate with 4 DIMMs being used. I've read other forum posts of people having issues at higher-clocked RAM, but in my case, I am having difficulty using my RAM at 1333mhz 9-9-9-24 profile.

Thank you!
Working...
X