Need help with memory selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with memory selection

I'm looking to upgrade from 4GB to 8GB of memory on Windows 7 Pro 64bit OS. I have an ASUS Sabertooth Z77 MB, Intel 3570K @ 4.2 turbo boost, Samsung EVO 850 500GB and GTX 970. I mostly use this rig for gaming and then music/photos and web. The MB is rated @ 1866 MHz and I'm currently running 2 sticks of Patriot memory @ 1648.

It's my understanding that the memory controller on the 3570K is rated @ 1.5V and that its recommended (memory) voltage be below 1.65. It appears that most if not all memory @ 1866MHz is 1.5V, but I would like to run @ 2133 if possible but not at the risk of damaging my CPU. What would be the best way to go? Thanks

Here is the ideal memory kit:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-587-_-Product

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      No, not really an overclocker per-say. Looking to have a stable rig with memory between 1866 & 2133 MHz @ 1.50-1.55V. My concern is that running the higher frquency (2133-2400) could require higher voltage which may add ware & tare on the CPU. Is this the case with the 3570K? I have read on other forums that this chip shouldn't be taxed with additional (memory) voltage and should be kept below 1.65V. If not, might consider running what you recommended, but again would my MB/CPU support it. Thanks

Comment

1.65V is no problem at all, never was. Wear and tear won't affect you, 1.65V is well within CPU capabilities.

Comment

Working...
        X