Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I thought I knew what I was doing but......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought I knew what I was doing but......

...I guess not.

I built a custom PC for myself for Christmas to myself. It has been about 10 years since I last built my own PC.

I don't understand what I am doing wrong. My OLD PC is a ASUS M11BB prebuild system and I wanted to upgrade it as the same time. New PC uses MSI Gaming A88XM GAMING FM2+ / FM2 AMD Motherboard and an A10 7870K CPU. I bought RAM for the new and old computer.

G.SKILL Value 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-1600C11S-8GNT for the Older PC and G.SKILL Ripjaw X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-1600C9D-16GXM for the newer PC.

The problem is I cannot get the RAM to run at 1600mhz in the new PC. Even setting the setting manually in the BIOS including the timing and in windows it shows it is running at 1333mhz. I tried switching the sticks from the old and new and both sets run 1600 in the old PC and 1333 in the new system. What am I doing wrong?

Hi

Your new PC should be able to running with 1600MHz, please kindly update the latest version of motherboard BIOS, clear CMOS and tweak the frequency/timing in BIOS, then press F10 save&exit.
    If you have same issue, please upload the screenshots of CPU-Z(Memory/SPD tab) and see what's your current speed/timing in the new system.

Comment

Working...
    X