Cannot get to work F3-2400C10D-16GTX on Asus Maximus VII Gene + i5-4960K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See pic for the set timings.
    When i set the secondary timings manually the machine goes into an infinite boot loop, even with just one stick, and i have to reset bios to get the machine to boot again.
    I tried using another single stick, same result.
    Tried different slots on the mobo, same result.
    Tried placing a second stick, also same result.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by serge; 06-29-2015, 04:07 PM.

Comment

In 2 days my 14 day "get a refund without any hassle of rma procedures" return policy will expire.
      Any chance for the golden tip still?

Comment

Hard reset BIOS and try again.

Feel free to try another memory kit to see if it works better:

http://www.gskill.com/en/rma

It is very strange the RAM won't work with that mobo and CPU..

Comment

Yes it is very strange indeed? I did some homework before shopping parts for this machine and figured the combination of mobo cpu and ram should work very well.
          And i'm no stranger to working with computer hardware myself, i currently work as a unix system engineer but i've done a fair deal of working with personal computers as well.

Ofcourse one can make silly mistakes but i think i've got all usual culprits covered.
          As i live in the Netherlands i can't make use of the rma link you provided, but i'm sure i can return the ram here np.

As a last attempt i'll try one more thing and that is downgrade the bios of the mobo to a version of let's say half a year after this ram was introduced because it really bugs me it doesn't work.
          I'll post back what that does.
          Last edited by serge; 06-30-2015, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Ok i've downgraded the bios firmware to the initial release version.
            Booted with one stick, set xmp settings, making sure ram timings and voltage are correct and SA is at 1.25v then reboot into windows, shutdown and place 2nd stick.
            Exact same findings, once i place the 2nd stick the machine enters an infinite boot loop.
            I tried placing the 2nd stick in the black slot and then the machine boots into windows just fine at 2400Mhz as a 16Gb 2x single channel setup, just and as to be expected the performance then is severely crippled.

Think i've really tried everything by now, the mobo and (the tried 2 sets of the same) ram do not work together in a dual channel setup.
            The mobo does run fine with some other set of ram at 2400mhz in a dual channel setup, so apparantly it's this specific combination.
            Too bad since i really wanted a set of tridents for the machine, there's just some magic to the name
            Thanks for your time and best regards.
            Last edited by serge; 07-04-2015, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X