New DDR3 ram not detected by Asus P5QC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New DDR3 ram not detected by Asus P5QC

I bought this sticks DDR3 G.Skill F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL (2x4GB) for my Asus P5QC motherboard. The problem is that the system dont starts, nothing at screen, but everything works, I see the fans working and the hard disk spinning, power leds of the GPU and motherboard are ON. When I put in again my old DDR2 Kingston 2x2GB on the ddr2 slots, it works again flawlessly the PC. I tried resetting the BIOS manually by moving the jumper, tried one stick at a time, nothing.
    I cant apply manually the settings such as voltage and timings, because when using the DDR2 rams I cant change the DDR3 values :/
    Any way to do this BIOS changes in Windows or another way?. Any other way to know how I can solve this?. Thanks!.

Do you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard?

Have you tried one module at a time to see if one can work, or if they perform the same?

For an older motherboard like that, you may want to try the G.Skill F3-10666CL9D-8GBNT

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      Do you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard?

Have you tried one module at a time to see if one can work, or if they perform the same?

For an older motherboard like that, you may want to try the G.Skill F3-10666CL9D-8GBNT
      I do have the latest version. I tried one at a time, not working. I know it is older, I bought that ram according to what you said to another person asking for DDR3 ram for the Asus P5QC in this post:
      http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7726
      The first one I bought.

Comment

Problem is the standard changed since then so there can be some issues.

Comment

Problem is the standard changed since then so there can be some issues.
          Standard?, what standard do you refer?.
          What I am going to do?, I cant buy another set of modules...

Comment

JEDEC standard, DRAM DDR standard.

Contact the RMA dept. to see if you can exchange for the other model I mentioned.

North America -> rma@gskillusa.com

International -> rma@gskill.com

Comment

JEDEC standard, DRAM DDR standard.

Contact the RMA dept. to see if you can exchange for the other model I mentioned.

North America -> rma@gskillusa.com

International -> rma@gskill.com
              I bought it in Newegg of US, but I live in south america. Which RMA department I must contact?, the US one or the international?. What I need to ask for the exchange?. Thanks.

Comment

US is fine.

Complete this form:

http://www.gskill.com/en/rma

Once you get the RMA number, email them to say you need the other model.

Comment

Working...
                X