Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme 6 + Trident X

I built my computer at the start of the year,
    It's a 3770K (stock speed) on a Z77 extreme 6.
    At first i was using 2x8Gb Ripjaws X 2133 but they are not listed on the compatible dimms and I couldn't get them to run at 2133 as advertised. Gave up on these sticks because I thought I was fighting a lost cause.
    Recently bought 2x8Gb Trident X 2133 which say hey will work with the extreme 6. I have tried to get them to run at the desired 2133Mhz but still no luck. Highest I've gotten them to go is 1866, it's not a bad speed but I bought the sticks to run them at their advertised frequency.
    I've upgraded the BIOS to version 2.8 or whatever is newest.
    Has anyone got a similar rig or some manual settings they can suggest?
    So far the .XMP files (1 and 2) are not working even when the voltage is set to 1.60v as stated in the tested specs.
    Do I need to change anything other than the four timings and voltage?

Advice is welcome at this point. The Ripjaws X run easily at 2133 on a maximus V so I think my board is just going to be more difficult or require manual settings.

Try bumping vccio up .1v that is a pretty good board suprised it wont work with just xmp enabled. Did you have the processor oced in the maximus board when the rips hit 2133?
    ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

Very strange, it should work with XMP enabled. Post some pictures of BIOS and we can see if anything is incorrect.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

I'll post some screenshots when I have another go at getting it over 1866, fairly certain my processer was at stock speed when I hit 2133 on the other board before.

Comment

Working...
        X