Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RMA? 1 Stick fails Memtest

Hello,

I can only assume I can R.M.A. 1 of 2 8gb Stick of F3-14900CL10D-16GBXL? I ran latest memtest86+ v5.01 after getting repeated windows crashes. Tried everything, Drivers, checking all settings etc. All windows Crash Report Codes led me back to Memory so I ran Memtest86+ 10 Test pass had over 52500 errors. Took Stick 2 out to test Stick 1 by itself and got no errors at all! Stick 2 is the obvious culprit.

Ram manually set in Bios to 1866 with G.Skill Website recommended settings (10-11-10-30) on ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 (Running fine on only 1 8gb stick as I type). Obviously Stick 2 is faulty and needs to be replaced, I am hoping I don't have to RMA the good one too as I would have no Desktop computer for awhile

Thanks

Please see Attachments for proof
    054 (2)a is test with both sticks
    056 (2)a is test with only the 1st Stick is slot 02
    Attached Files

Gskill will allow a single stick return, but cant guarantee it willnwork with the one you habe, thats why theu sell kits in pairs, if you want to try a single stick tell them in the rma request
    ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I was going to purchase another matched set of these, maybe I better do that so I can return both and send the other matched pair info with them, so they can match them all up as close as possible then.

EDIT: Just ordered another set of the exact same RAM, if nothing else so my computer isn't down for weeks or a couple months. Hopefully they can run in Quad once G.Skill RMA's the faulty stick, but at least I will have spares if not.

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-14900CL10D-16GBXL
      Last edited by MkCanuck9r; 11-18-2013, 08:06 AM.

Comment

I "THINK" you can also just pay to have them ship you new memory, and send your broken set back once you recieve new memory, and they'll credit your payment once they receive your old memory.
        ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

Hey! Thanks again! I was going to buy another pair anyway so this made me do it Ordered already...likely be here by Friday as i paid for express shipping and they are fast anyway. Good thing I waited til today as they just added an instant $10 rebate so free express shipping
          Once they arrive and install and test them I will put a RMA request in for the other pair and ship them off.

What's the average return time for G.Skill? Roughly

Comment

seems if everything goes smoothly as week (just from people in forums commenting) if it doesn't who knows. They use the slowest shipping known to man (perhaps a man walking it on foot?) to return it to you so proximity to their warehouse seems to help.

Comment

lol..good to know! Spare pair was good idea then Thanks

Comment

Well Tested suspect RAM in Slot 00 just for one final confirmation. 10 minutes and had over 6000 reported errors. Received new RAM I bought and its in and tests 100% OK. G.Skill was pretty quick to respond to my email and said to RMA no problem. So submitted it and waiting for number

Comment

Yep definately rma time. Glad to hear they took care of you. Also good that you had a spare

Comment

Working...
                  X