Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G.Skill 2133/2400 for the FM2A88X Extreme6+ ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went and ordered two 2x4GB kits today. I put 8GB of the sammys in at 1866 and liked what I saw performance wise so we'll see what and if I use 2 sticks or 4 sticks of either new kits I just ordered. Or simply keep the sammys in it.

Otherwise I'll keep what's left for other builds. NewEgg had a 15% Off on 'em so it wasn't like I broke the bank in ordering them.

2 kits of F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL
    2 kits of F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR

I'll try and remember to post back what worked. Otherwise bump the thread as a reminder to me if you're interest in the results.

Comment

What timings and performance (Aida64, MaxxMEM) did you get out of those MV-3V4G3D at 1866?

Please test both G.SKILL kits on your Extreme6+ and test what they can do clock- and timingwise^^
      Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

So far the F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL is flawless on the FM2A88X Extreme6+, with both BIOS 1.30 and 1.60.

XMP and manual settings work.

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
          What timings and performance (Aida64, MaxxMEM) did you get out of those MV-3V4G3D at 1866?
          emissary, all I did was bump the speed to 1866 with otherwise their 1600 SPD timings used and 1.35v. Sorry, I'm not much of one who runs benches. Just a seat of the pants kind of guy.

Comment

Don't worry about it. The benches don't matter that much anyways and this is a G.SKILL tech forum, after all.
            Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Dang. I just came back to look at the RAM Configurator and I'm left scratching my head somewhat.

G.Skill has now added the FM2+ A88X chipset, yet they chose to lump the A78, A85X, and A88X into one grouping.

Comment

Maybe they have found they all have similar compatibilities and its just the imc on the amd chips that matters?
                ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

Yea, I guess I can follow along with that. Forums and reviews littered with postings by newbies and even some users that do not have a clue what their CPU/IMC is natively capable of going on complaining about they can't make the ram run at anything over JEDEC Std/Default.

So yea. I can see where that determination doesn't fall on G.Skills shoulders to enumerate or expound upon.

It'll surely confuse and aggravate some folks though. Especially when and if G.Skill adds 2133 ram into the proffered results. Yet, again, it's not on G.Skill but instead the user.

Comment

Yeah i post on tomshardware as well and some guy was mad he couldnet get his 2400mhz tridents to post above 1333, they must he broken he kept saying i was giving minor advice and kept asking cpu/mobo... finally he had a pheonom x4.... and was still mad when intold him it was his cpu
                    ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

hi guys...

ive a problem with the G.Skill F3-2400C11D-8GXM on the same motherboard using AMD A10-6800k.

If i use XMP profile or manual 2400mhz windows crash but if i use manual 2133mhz is ok.

Any solution or is impossible ?
                      Notebook: Hp Henvy dv6 7320el

PC: AMD A10-6800K - ASROCK FM2A88X Extreme 6+ - G.Skill F3-2400C11D-8GXM

Comment

Originally posted by kakashi86ita View Post
                        hi guys...

ive a problem with the G.Skill F3-2400C11D-8GXM on the same motherboard using AMD A10-6800k.

If i use XMP profile or manual 2400mhz windows crash but if i use manual 2133mhz is ok.

Any solution or is impossible ?
                        Go back to post #15 in this thread, about raising the CPU/NB a pinch.

Comment

Originally posted by wardog View Post
                          Go back to post #15 in this thread, about raising the CPU/NB a pinch.
                          I read it but dont know how to do...

Ive the following settings:

DRAM Voltage: 1,65v
                          APU PCIE Voltage VDDP: 1,208v
                          SB Voltage: 1,10v
                          Notebook: Hp Henvy dv6 7320el

PC: AMD A10-6800K - ASROCK FM2A88X Extreme 6+ - G.Skill F3-2400C11D-8GXM

Comment

Originally posted by kakashi86ita View Post
                            I read it but dont know how to do...
                            While the linked thread below refers to 1866 it is still applicable to your 2400.
                            See the section "FX or A Series CPU" in the first post

AMD CPU + G.Skill DDR3-1866

Comment

Working...
                            X