Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-1600C8Q-16GAB & GA-EP45T-USB3P Compatibility

F3-1600C8Q-16GAB & GA-EP45T-USB3P Compatibility

Alright then guys, Ive done a bit more researching and think i've found an alternative ram set than that proposed in my previous question thread (here).

How will this Ram work out in my system:

Proposed Replacement Ram: F3-1600C8Q-16GAB

Current Ram: F3-12800CL8D-4GBECO - Current Ram Timing: 9 9 9 24 on 1.5v

Main Board: GA-EP45T-USB3P

Looking forward to your reply's.
    T.
    CPU: Intel Q9650
    Main Board: Gigabyte GA-EP45T-USB3P
    RAM: F3-1600C8Q-16GAB
    GFX: MSI NX8800GTS 512MB OC
    Audio: EMU 0404 PCI
    PSU: Be Quiet 650W
    HDDs: 1x Samsung 840 Series Pro SSD - 128 GB & 2x 1TB Samsung HD103SJ SpinPoint F3 (Raid-1)
    Case: Lian Li PC-60FNB Aluminum Midi Tower

I think unless I'm looking at something wrong motherboard wise your board only supports 8GB of memory

Maximum Memory Supported: 8GB

(from newegg)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2E16813128433R

So that could be an issue....

Additionally you "could" buy that and since you were thinking of buying a new MOBO anyway, just put 8 gigs off to the side. I think this should work, might need to get Gskill Tech to confirm. I'm not sure if memory degrades any at all or not and could cause issue when you reunite the set later , but that board should only be able to take 8 gb of memory. Either buy 8 now and rebuy 16 later, or buy 16 now and put 8 in a very safe place.
    Last edited by supahos; 10-03-2013, 12:38 PM.
    ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

I'm sure you may be able to find a new mobo that will take that amount of RAM for not too much bucks, but surely don't go over 8GB What kind of CPU are you running anyways?
      C;p:#:thon2.3

Comment

the answer to that question is in my signature

my entire build is in the Member registry, only thing I would change now (have a bit more money) would be get a 2GB version of my video card, and get the K version of the I5, but honestly I'm happy with my build.

EDIT: Just occurred to me you weren't asking me didn't look to see who made the post, assumed it was OP asking me lol. Its a socket LGA755 so likely a core 2 (duo or quad)
        Last edited by supahos; 10-03-2013, 02:55 PM.
        ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

Feel free to give it a shot. This motherboard may support 16GB with the latest BIOS.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
            Feel free to give it a shot. This motherboard may support 16GB with the latest BIOS.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH
            Yup, my board has supported up to 16GB of RAM, upto 2200+MHz memory modules since ver 01.
            HDDs: 1x Samsung 840 Series Pro SSD - 128 GB & 2x 1TB Samsung HD103SJ SpinPoint F3 (Raid-1)

Comment

Originally posted by bongimby View Post
              Main Board: GA-EP45T-USB3P
              Dayum, i was looking for that board for so long

#envymuch
              Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Yup, my board has supported up to 16GB of RAM, upto 2200+MHz memory modules since ver 01.
                Definitely not up to DDR3-2200 lol, but 16GB should be fine.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                  Definitely not up to DDR3-2200 lol
                  Well, support for DDR3-2200+ is printed on the mainboard pcb by GIGABYTE and going 600+ MHz FSB with these things is not unheard of... getting your ddr3 up there is another story, however.

I would give it a shot, if i had the the board to do it

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
                    Dayum, i was looking for that board for so long

#envymuch
                    @emissary.

So was I lol. Never released in the UK but I found one in Portugal.

Well, support for DDR3-2200+ is printed on the mainboard pcb by GIGABYTE and going 600+ MHz FSB with these things is not unheard of... getting your ddr3 up there is another story, however.

I would give it a shot, if i had the the board to do it
                    @emissary42.

Agreed, mine is at 666 right now.

So then, for those of you who know the boards capabilities: What do you recon? A safe buy or not?

Comment

I don't know what chips are used on F3-1600C8Q-16GAB, but that is not the kind of kit i would be using on LGA775 *G* Since you are set on 16GB however, look for a good deal even at the higher memory speeds. You will probably have to use manual timings anyways and then i'd just get a kit that actually can do 1866+.

F3-12800CL7Q-16GBZM
                      F3-14900CL8Q-16GBZM
                      F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH
                      F3-2133C9Q-16GZH

For us in Germany, all these kits pretty much cost the same and only slightly more than some of the 08/15 stuff out there. I have no idea how well they will play with your EP45T, though^^

Comment

I don't know what chips are used on F3-1600C8Q-16GAB, but that is not the kind of kit i would be using on LGA775 *G* Since you are set on 16GB however, look for a good deal even at the higher memory speeds. You will probably have to use manual timings anyways and then i'd just get a kit that actually can do 1866+.

F3-12800CL7Q-16GBZM
                        F3-14900CL8Q-16GBZM
                        F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH
                        F3-2133C9Q-16GZH

For us in Germany, all these kits pretty much cost the same and only slightly more than some of the 08/15 stuff out there. I have no idea how well they will play with your EP45T, though^^
                        Thanks for that emissary42, very informative :-).
                        I will research the models you have suggested and report back on my findings.

T.

Comment

Thanks for that emissary42, very informative :-).
                          I will research the models you have suggested and report back on my findings.

T.

F3-12800CL7Q-16GBZM
                          F3-14900CL8Q-16GBZM
                          F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH
                          F3-2133C9Q-16GZH

emissary, your suggested ram wont work as I need dual channel ram.

I did however find something interesting,
                          an AData set of ram (from the gigabyte compatible list for the board),
                          which has extremely similar spec. AX3U1600GC4G9, to the F3-1600C8Q-16GAB i'd prefer.

PS.

I found out what chip is used in the F3-1600C8Q-16GAB:
                          Last edited by bongimby; 10-17-2013, 12:22 AM.

Comment

emissary, your suggested ram wont work as I need dual channel ram.
                            What is your definition of dual channel then?

A kit of four modules can of course be used in dual channel configurations, with two dimms per channel.

I did however find something interesting, an AData set of ram (from the gigabyte compatible list for the board), which has extremely similar spec. AX3U1600GC4G9, to the F3-1600C8Q-16GAB i'd prefer.
                            Well, the specs are actually not that similar. Only one of the primary timings is the same, the one with the least impact on performance too, and the subs will likely also differ quite a bit. In my opinion that is a kinda basic or even low end kit.

I think this is the chip that is used:
                            I would not count on getting Hynix CFR on a kit that is specced that low. It is possible, but then the chips are probably garbage compared to higher end CFR (e.g. DDR3-2133 CL9, DDR3-2666 CL11). They could be using anything for these specs, really. If you are really unlucky you could even get single sided modules / 4gbit ICs on them.

Comment

Hi emissary42 ,

I thought that channel spec (dual, triple, quad) was both a feature of the ram and not just the board.

The chip image above is for the F3-1600C8Q-16GAB :-)

I kind of assumed that if that lower spec AX3U1600GC4G9 works, then most likely F3-1600C8Q-16GAB should.

But, I'm not willing to gamble £160.00 to find out.

Comment

Working...
                              X