F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL and ASRock A75m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL and ASRock A75m

I have had this memory and motherboard for about a year and a half. When I first installed the RAM the motherboard did not detect it as 1600 but instead set it to 1066. I changed it to 1600 manually. It has not been stable for since I built the computer. I get random restarts both while using the computer but also when it is just sitting idle.

Finally a friend of mine asked me if I had update to the latest BIOS (I had) and if I had changed any of the memory settings. He said try it at a slower speed and see what happens.

I changed the RAM speed setting back to auto (1066) and it is stable. I then decided to try to setting the RAM to 1333 and it has remained stable at this speed as well. I would like to be able to set the RAM to the speed that I purchased it for. Let me know what information is needed and I will provide it.

Memory:
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

Motherboard:
    ASRock A75M FM1 AMD A75 (Hudson D3) HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

Processor:
    AMD A8-3850 Llano 2.9GHz Socket FM1

Video Card:
    XFX HD-687A-ZNBC Radeon HD 6870 Black Edition

Power Supply:
    CORSAIR Builder Series CX600 600W

Can you post your BIOS settings, in particular the DRAM settings (both basic and advanced timings) as well as system voltages and freqs

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Here are the RAM timing setting in the BIOS

DRAM Frequency: DDR-1333
      tCL 9
      tRCD 9
      tRP 9
      tRAS 24
      CR 1T
      tRC 33
      tWR 10
      tRFC 110
      tRRD 4
      tWTR 5
      tRTP 5
      tFAW 20
      voltage 1.5

Other settings:

CPU Voltage 1.3875
      NB Multipler: 654 MHz
      CPU NB/GPU Voltage: 1.075
      APU PCIE Voltage VDDP: 1.210
      SB Voltage: 1.10V

Comment

Might first try CR at 2T instead of 1T, also might want CPU/NB up more, maybe initially 1.15

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I will give that a try when I'm home later today and see if the computer is stable at 1600 with those settings.

Comment

I tried changing the CR to 2T and got a blue screen after about 20 minutes. I then tried 2T and upping the north bridge voltage to 1.15 and it crashed and restarted.

Comment

Let's stay at 2T then take CPU/NB to 1.2 and DRAM voltage at 1.55

Tman

Comment

Change the settings to 2T, NB to 1.25 (closest to 1.2 the BIOS had), and DRAM voltage to 1.55 so far it's stable. I'll report back if I have any issues. Thanks for the help.

Comment

We'll be waiting to hear

Tman

Comment

Zero crashes or restarts with those settings. I'm calling it good. Thanks so much Tradesman. I wish I had reached out a year and a half ago.

Comment

Glad to hear it, Enjoy!

Tman

Comment

Hi, I'm resurrecting this thread as I've had intermittent restarts and freezes since I last posted. They are pretty rare but was wondering if there were some other settings to try in order to improve stability farther. Thanks.

Comment

Glad it worked out, have fun

Tman

Comment

No more ideas?

Comment

CPU/NB to 1.25 and see

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X