Ram problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ram problem?

Hi needing a bit help with my pc it works fine while browsing/running programs ect but gaming is sometimes choppy and it always freezes ingame about 5 mins in with sound loop ,until I do a hard reboot

2x4gb gskill ripjaws x ddr3 1333mhz
    Lga 775 e6600 c2d
    msi g41m-p25
    xfx 8800gt
    500w casecom psu----don't know if this is the cause

Things I have tried

used a friends psu was another el cheapo 450w but still the same freezing ingame
    used his 8800gtx still the same freezing
    used his psu and gfx card still freezeing
    used a 8800gt that hasn't got a 6 pin connector still the same
    ran memtest for several hours no issues
    prime 95 no issues
    hardware monitor all components ok temps

is this ram compatable with skt 775?
    or could it be the cheap power supply

Check that you have the latest nVidia driver...and what FSB are you running at? Since not sure what FSB your at, guessing 1333 you could try raising the vCore voltage a tad and the DRAM voltage about 0.05 or could kick the FSB up to 1600 (preferably with a third party cooler).

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

have tried 266fsb and 333fsb, altered voltages and still the same...I have the latest NVidia drivers installed even tried the new beta driver?thanks

have put in an RMA for the mobo...weather this will help I dunno

Comment

Let us know how it goes and when you try the new onw, keep in mind the FSB has to at least = the DRAM freq, so if trying to run 1333 sticks need a minimum of a 1333 FSB, and I myseld like a little more, even if it's only 1366...1400 or whatever

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X