Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte UD5H and Ripjaws F3-12800CL9Q-16GBBZL issue

Hi everyone,

I have built a Gigabyte UD5H based configuration and it is constantly crashing (BSOD) in Windows 7. I think it is related to BIOS settings related to RAM.

With G.Skill 16GB installed (F3-12800CL9Q-16GBBZL), memtest86 gave me errors.

I tried RAM under Optimized Default settings under BIOS and also under supported XMP profiles. In all situations I get errors using memtest86 and prime95. Here is my configuration:

Famous (infamous) UD5H board
    RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9Q-16GBBZL
    BIOS: F14
    SSD: Intel 520 120 GB for system
    PSU: 750 Watts (Antec)
    No graphics card
    Graphics memory: set at 512 MB
    One WD Book: 1 TB USB 2 drive connected
    Case: Corsair 550D (avoid it if you can)
    No overclocking, everything left at "Optimized Defaults" in BIOS

The OS starts fine, I can use the computer fine and then all of a sudden, BSOD. I have lost more than a few hairs. Can someone provide some insights please?

Do I need to make specific settings in BIOS for RAM to work correctly? Could it be a bad RAM stick or a MOBO? How can I tell? Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Bobby

You have the latest BIOS which is good, have you tried running Memtest on each stick by itself to see if one might be bad (4-5 passes should suffice. If one of them test bad then may be time for RMA, if two test bad - sort of so-so, doubtful if 3 or 4 would all be bad, that's more indicative of a bad mobo or CPU or something in the install. With 4 sticks, it's often common for the BIOS not to be setting things up right so may want to try raising the CPUVTT (MC (Memory controller)) voltage to about 1.16 and see if that helps if all sticks test good (could even try that prior to memtest. If all of the above fail to help, get back to us and post your DRAM BIOS settings (all timings, both base and advamced/secondary) as well as your system voltages

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Gigabyte UD5H and Ripjaws F3-12800CL9Q-16GBBZL issue

Thank you for the reply.

- No I have not tried running memtest on each stick. I will try that now.
      - I will try raising the CPUVTT voltage (Is it a single option in BIOS?)

Will post the findings when done.

Thanks,
      Bobby

Comment

on CPUVTT - Yes, and on Memtest (it takes a long time, so normally just a few, 4-5 passes will suffice)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X