asus rampage IV extreme + F3-2400C10Q-32GTX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• asus rampage IV extreme + F3-2400C10Q-32GTX

hi i bought asus rampage IV extreme and F3-2400C10Q-32GTX with intel i7 3930k so my question is is compatible ram with the motherboard? i read some thread on internet some tell yes some tell yes with some tweak.. i'd like to have a secure answer

thks
    raxiel

Yes, should work if the BIOS is ready for the 2400 high density sticks and/or if your 3930K can handle 2400, not all can. There's a guide to OCing the X79 with a lot of good info from ASUS here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10512

which might come in handy if the BIOS doesn't set things right and you have to OC the CPU and set the DRAM up manually - best bet is make sure you have the latest BIOS, enable XMP and select the 2400 profile and see what happens...if it has problems do the same but manually set the freq to 2133 and let us know

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

ok thks.. so i don't need to oc the cpu .. I just want to set the ram at 2400 mhz.. is possible only with set the xmp profile and let the cpu at stock?

Comment

The XMP settings in the SPD tell the BIOS how much of an OC is required and the BIOS should take care of it, which is why I often mention if the BIOS is 'ready'. If it doesn't set an OC would suggest setting to around a multiplier of 40

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X