F3-12800cl9d-4gbxl + asus sabertooth 990fx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800cl9d-4gbxl + asus sabertooth 990fx

Hello there, ever since I put this system together I have been having issues. I can get into bios for a few minutes and then the system completely crashes. I just put this together today.

So I'm wondering if I bought the right ram? I have two sets - one brand new and one from the machine I'm upgrading this to. Also if the ram is correct - can I use both sets or just one?

Memory:
    1x set of F3-12800CL9D-4GBXL
    1x set of F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

Mobo: ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX

CPU: AMD FX-8120 Zambezi 3.1GHz Socket AM3+ 125W Eight-Core Desktop Processor

I know atleast the 4GBRL is a good set. As its from the computer I'm upgrading
    with the CPU+mobo

Start with the good set and get it running and stable, then when adding the second set try raising the CPU/NB + 0.10 and the DRAM + 0.07. Keep in mind, mixing any two sets can be problematic, always better to get 1 complete set of the amount you want to run, that way you're ensure the sticks are tested to play well together. If any problems, let us know your DRAM setttings, system voltages and CPU OC if any

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      Start with the good set and get it running and stable, then when adding the second set try raising the CPU/NB + 0.10 and the DRAM + 0.07. Keep in mind, mixing any two sets can be problematic, always better to get 1 complete set of the amount you want to run, that way you're ensure the sticks are tested to play well together. If any problems, let us know your DRAM setttings, system voltages and CPU OC if any
      Well I'm trying the stock settings for everything. Also the timings and amount of storage are exactly the same for the ram, so shouldn't it be ok?

Also I got this stuff as a b-day present lol. I didn't expect the ram because I already had some. Otherwise I would have ensured it was identical to the set I had.

But are either of the two sets compatible with the board? As I don't see them on the QVL in my manual. So if the bios needs an upgrade or something, I'm screwed. As like I said it's crashing within a few minutes.

finally, I can't even access the DRAM settings as it crashes before I can save the settings.

Comment

Can start with a single stick, then add a second (make sure in the preferred slots via your manual. If you can boot with a single stick, can chack and upgrade BIOS....if it won't start with any of the sticks then you may have a bad mobo or CPU....or possibly a short somewhere. It should boot up with a single stick or a pair with no problem other than it will start it at 1333 (the mobos default)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X