Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10666CL9D with Gigabyte GA-EP43T-USB3

Hey guys this is probable going to be a pretty nubby question but whateva,

I bought some F3-10666CL9D for my Gigabyte GA-EP43T-USB3, didn't even think there should be a problem until i noticed on the memory packaging "Compatible with Intel LGA1155/LGA1156 systems."

I tried installing anyway but I get numerous short beeps followed by computer reset, and this happens in a never ending loop.

I take it these wont work with my Intel Socket 775 P43 mb will they? Can you recommend any 8GB kits and above that would work with my motherboard?

Thanks all
    Last edited by FarChina; 10-30-2012, 08:36 PM.

Do you have the latest BIOS? Are the sticks in slots 1-3? Is the FSB at least 1333? Might want to do a clear CMOS and then install, if no joy, then may need to add + 0.05 to DRAM voltage and + 0.07 to the NB voltage

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Have updated the bios, sticks are in 1 and 3, i am running a 400fsb, and have tried clear cmos.

Are you sure these sticks should work with this mb?

Comment

From the info provided (8GB set and the start of the model#, F3-10666CL9D - (should be 4-5 more digits)) you have 2 4GB sticks of 1333 DRAM that runs at CL9 and your mobo is rated to run up to 1600 sticks with a max of 16GB (or yes it's capable of running 4GB sticks)....Would help to know the the full model # of the sticks and what CPU. Also the BIOS info on timings and voltages

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Try one module at a time to see if you can get one working at the rated specifications.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

@Tman the full model is F3-10666CL9D-16GBXL... so they are 8Gb sticks each.

I have the Intel Q9550 2.8ghz oc to 3.4ghz CPU

At this stage I have not been able to post with these sticks so cannot change info on timings with the new memory.

I have tried changing the setting with my old memory in the bios, saving it, turning off and installing the new memory but again i just get the same numerous short beeps and no post.

@GSKILL TECH
            Yeah have tried with just one stick in all slots on the mb same problem over again numerous short beeps and no post.

Comment

Not good, the P43 supports 4GB sticks (times 4), but I don't know of any p43 (or offhand even any P45s) that support 8GB sticks

Tman

Comment

@Tman I thought that must be the case does GSKILL do any 2x4gb or 4x4gb memory that would suit?

Comment

Most any of the 4x4GB or 2x4GB sets would work, for 8GB I'd go 2x4GB prob at 1333/CL9 or possibly try 1600/CL9, for 16GB could try 1333 but be prepared to maybe have to drop to 1066, with your mobo the memory controller is in the NorthBridge (NB) chipset and may be a pain to try and configure things to run 16GB of 1333. I'd look first to the 1.5 Sniper line of sticks with the Ripjaws (plain, not the X or Z models) next

Tman

Comment

Yeah thanks heaps Tman, stupid me didnt realise that motherboard wouldnt accept these higher GB sticks.

Also prob thinking i dont need 16GB so prob just gonna upgrade to 8GB.

Again appreciate your help

Comment

With 16GB (prob even with 8GB) you could throw in a RAM Disk and get some performance pick up that way also

Tman

Comment

Working...
                      X