Random crashes and lockups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random crashes and lockups

Hi, recently started getting very random crashes, mainly when using browsers, it doesnt seem to crash when I am playing games, in browsers I still have sound but video locks up, then I get a black screen then the PC resets itself sometimes with a BSOD.

I have formatted and re-installed win7, all updated drivers for everything inc fresh installs on browsers, still it crashes randomly.

I have run Memtest and it chucks up 100's of errors, mainly "copying between **** and ****
    did not result in an accurate copy.

My system has been running for about 2 years with 0 problems until now, nothing has been changed only the new SSD I installed 6 months ago, is my memory screwed ??

System:
    Gigabyte X58A-UD3R rev 2
    I7 930
    6BG 3 sticks G skill perfect storm (it never ran stable @ stock2133 always ran it @1600)
    Nvidia 570GTX
    750W Corsair PSU

thanks in advance

Might be a stick or sticks going bad, try running memtest on each individually in slot 1

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

doing that as we type, so far 58 errors from 30% on first stick

Comment

one strange thing I have encountered, im supposed to fit one dimm in the white slot closest to the cpu for testing when running only one dimm, but, my pc posts but wont boot with the one dimm in that slot, but it does post/boot/work with it in the furthest white slot ??????

Comment

ok, scrap that lol, that dimm must be the fubar'd one, just swapped to another dimm (first slot) and here I am

Comment

Sounds like RMA time, will want to contact rma@gskill.com be sure and let them know you are in the U.K., believe they have a RMA facility in the Netherlands now which would be quicker and cheaper than going through China

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

yup, think im gonna have to buy some cheapo stuff to tide me over, thanks for the help Tradesman.

Comment

Sorry couldn't do more, let us know when you get the replacements

Tman

Comment

RMA filled in, RAM sent off, received by you

Is there any way to see/track the RMA process ? will I just get replacement sent or do I get any notification ?

thanks.

PS. dont thinm there was much more you could do Tradesman lol, thanks for the help

Comment

As long as your tracking says we received it, you should receive replacement very shortly.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

OK, thank you.

Comment

Keep us updated

Tman

Comment

Whoop, RMA was sent out to me today, my old ram is no longer supported or do they have stuff as fast, so they are sending me 12GB back instead of 6GB, happy days, my old ram was 2133mhz, im getting 2000mhz back and 12GB, cant grumble at that can you, my 2133 ram never ran stable faster than 1600 anyway lol.

Im happy.

Comment

Sounds good, let us know how it goes when you get the new ones in

Tman

Comment

memory arrived this morning, installed it and now my PC is as stable as a 2 legged dog with an itchy bum.

Firstly it booted, started starting windows but shut down halfway through, then my PC couldnt find my SSD, 2 hours later my PC is running but keeps BSOD'ing.
                              I'm running the failsafe settings with XMP profile1, PC works fine until I start up a game, after 10-20 mins BSOD again.
                              It has been running 100% perfect with 4GB of cheapo ram that I bought while my ram was in RMA, now with the new ram installed its chaos.
                              Help.

System:
                              Gigabyte X58A-UD3R v2
                              i7 930

Comment

Working...
                              X