No announcement yet.

ASUS sabertooth z77 with 32gb problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when i irst booted up the CPU fan would error and stutter, and occasionally work fine. After reading other peoples similar experiences with the intel coolers that come packaged with 3770k chips it seemed to be a known issue. As soon as I updated the bios this stopped. However I watch the boot up and the fan seems to pulse slightly then run I am convinced its related. I reduced the VCCSA from 1.1 which in Bios turns the value red, down until it was blue which is closer to 1.00 and it booted ok I will post all settings later today when I get home from work(its lunchtime at the moment)

Comment

Sounds like a plan, there's plenty of good coolers out there and many are relatively inexpensive, the 212 EVO is one of the favorites and works very well

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I like the sound of that cooler as I am not convinced that hydro cooling using corsair H60/80/100 is quite working yet. There are pages of unhappy owners. You have tipped the balance for me I will order it now the 212 Evo it is

Comment

I pretty much just stick to air cooling, had a couple awhile back on H2O where the client decided to play and ended up ruining the system, so I build with air and then if they want to play, it's on them. Besides, can get good OCs on air, my 2500K runs 4.8 about 24/7 and my 3570 runs at 4.7 on air with no problems or heat issues

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Been running on air for a week now and have managed to OC to 4.5
            http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2571578
            one question you gave me a value of CPUVTT@1.17 and I am at 1.264 is this ok and is CPUVTT core voltage ?

Comment

CPUVTT is the MC (memory controller) voltage, and that's a tad high to me, might raise DRAM voltage + 0.05 from current, and see if you can take the MC voltage down a bit, maybe to 1.2 to start

Tman

Comment

Working...
              X