ASUS sabertooth z77 with 32gb problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS sabertooth z77 with 32gb problem

ok its built and running but only recognising 2 of the 4 sticks I have of 8gb x 4 set of F3-1866C 10Q-32 GXL. I had to manually set the Sabertooth Z77 to 1866 from default 1333 but thats ok what am i doing wrong ? It just wont boot even to a post screen(bios) with all 4. I haven't installed any OS or drivers or even a drive yet just trying to get it smooth before digging out my Win7 pro disk. I have latest BIOS too any ideas...? thx in advance

Asus Sabertooth Z77
    i7 3770k (standard cooler)
    Corsair 650w PSU
    Agility 4 OCZ 256gb SSD
    crap graphics card used for testing only
    4x8gb (set) F3-1866C 10Q-32 GXL
    all in a stupidly over sized Corsair 600T case which actually lets the whole build down imo ;(

Comment

Enable XMP Profile in advanced mode.

If you still have problems, test one module at a time to see if one performs differently.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

you've done it again my friend all working together as it should be. Without your help I would be up all night and single by the morning. Thanks a million, tomorrow the OS will be installed. Hopefully I will see the benefits of this build thereafter

Comment

Let us know how it goes!

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ok this is the latest. The OS is loaded all updates are done, the motherboard has the latest BIOS and all software/drivers available. My Gskill keeps tripping out though...it will not stabilise. It causes the mobo to report a state of failed overclocking, which is me setting the RAM speed to 1866mhz and not touching any other setting. IF i simply put it into XMP mode and touch nothing else it also trips. Many settings to try but would appreciate your help and great advice as to where to go next.

Comment

Try taking the CPU up to 38 or 39, and raise the vCore (CPU) voltage a touch + 0.07 or so, if that doesn't help, can you post the current DRAM setting (base and advanced/secondary) along with the system voltages, sounds like BIOS isn't really ready

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

ok this is all new to me i have some screen grabs

http://www.hdmediacreation.com/p832657897/h481f4b16#h481f4b16

Comment

Doesn't show system voltages, try with VCCSA at 1.10 or so, CPUVTT at 1.17 and DRAM voltage at 1.55

Tman

Comment

i have done as you said check that link to the images again there are 2 more . It has booted up so I am assuming that worked now i need to check it somehow. This mobo has so many tweaking options I am lost my last build was 2007 and things have certainly moved along more than i thought. Thanks for your patience. I must get some sleep so will be back fiddling tomorrow.

Comment

Check it and see how it's running, C U Monday

Tman

Comment

updates

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2553416
                        this is what i am seeing from tests. Why is it reporting only 931.4 is this normal/good

Comment

Keep in mind, it's DDR3 (Double Data Rate 3) so to get what the sticks are running at you take the freq times 2 or 931.4 x 2 = 1862.8 or right at 1866 (Bios might not be reading/setting exactly right and same with CPU-Z

Tman

Comment

ah that makes sense. It is stabilising now. That sounds weird but I am sure this mobo needs persuading to work. Slowly but surely I am getting the hang of it. I think I need a proper cooler for the CPU as the intel one is rubbish and causing errors. But it does work!
                            The trick with this board is to shut it down and pull the power lead and wait for it to powerdown totally before trying to reboot it after any change in bios.It will then accept the change without a fuss. It as you say isn't quite ready but it will catch up. Thanks for everything I will keep you posted

Comment

Something is wrong there, if having to go through that, could you post your system voltages? If those are good, might have a slight short somewhere or the PSU not feeding correct voltages

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X