F3-10666CL9-4GBSR and MSI 890FXA-GD65 and FX 8120

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10666CL9-4GBSR and MSI 890FXA-GD65 and FX 8120

I have an AMD FX8120, MSI 890fxa-gd65, and 2 sticks of gskill F3-10666CL9-4GBSR. The system is unstable at stock everything with the 8120. When I have my 965BE in, everything is fine. I have even reloaded my system with the 8120, BIOS reset of course, just to cover all the bases. No joy. Can someone please tell me ALL the settings for the BIOS to enable 1333 happiness?
    Last edited by redbeardeddevil; 09-16-2012, 04:47 PM.

Make the base timings are loaded correct, DRAM voltage at 1.5 and CR at 2N or 2T (depending on whether it uses the T or N designator).
    Last edited by Tradesman; 09-16-2012, 04:57 PM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by redbeardeddevil View Post
      I an AMD FX8120, MSI 890fxa-gd65, and 2 sticks of gskill F3-10666CL9-4GBSR. The system is unstable at stock everything with the 8120. When I have my 965BE in, everything is fine. I have even reloaded my system with the 8120, BIOS reset of course, just to cover all the bases. No joy. Can someone please tell me ALL the settings for the BIOS to enable 1333 happiness?

I am asking for all of the exact timings. Currently I have:

tcl 9
      trcd 9
      trp 9
      tras 24
      trc 33
      trfc 110
      twr 10
      twtr 5
      trrd 4
      trtp 5

There are several others I need. I will try and post them later. I do not have regular internet where I live so getting on here is somewhat challenging.

Comment

With but 8GB of 1333, it should basically work by default, same as with your 965. Do you have the latest BIOS...might be that the mobo hasn't been updated for the FX CPUs....so make sure BIOS is current and any/all drivers are up to date.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yes I do have the latest BIOS as of June or July this year. I have tested this extensively. I have tried other processors, all of which work except for the FX series CPUs. I work as a repair tech in a computer shop and have access to numerous tools, hardware and software wise. The only thing that I can think of beside the board being bad, is the memory controller hates this RAM.

Comment

Yep, the latest is 18.8 from Jul, have you tried the CPU on another mobo? or other DRAM with your mobo/CPU combo.......Have you checked CPU/socket for any thermal compound down there or bent/broken pins....The sticks are rather normal, basic sticks. Snipers (basically all freqs) generally run fine w/ anything, that's my preferred line of sticks to keep around for upgrades and just to have on hand.

Tman

Comment

It should be plug and play for both CPUs, those listed timings are just fine, not sure why you are having a problem..

Try one at a time to see if each can work properly by itself.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

I have tried both separately. I have checked the board over for defects. I have tried other RAM. I have checked the CPU on another board. All is fine except for the RAM not working. Manually entering the settings have calmed it down a bit but it is still not stable.

Comment

How about trying the DRAM voltage up + 0.05 and the CPU/NB voltage up the same....maybe the voltage isn't being regulated correctly/fully

Tman

Comment

I set the voltages up some. I also set the RAM speed and system bus to run independently. More stale but still blue screens randomly.

Comment

Could up the CPU/NB a bit more 0.05 to 0.075, but if no joy there, think maybe I'd RMA, but not positive what I'd start with

Tman

Comment

Working...
                      X