Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I RMA this or try something else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I RMA this or try something else?

One of my chips is bad I think. I started getting BSOD's and took away one of the two memory chips and everything worked fine. I swapped one chip for the other and started getting BSOD's again. I ran Windows memory test and memtest86+ and BOTH diagnostics found errors (memtest found several) whereas the other ram chip came up clean. I've had both working flawlessly for a couple of months (G.Skill Sniper DDR3-1600 4gbx2) until my first BSOD came out of the blue.

I have no heating of dust issues and my computer is maintained extremely well.

(Fwiw, I sent an email to G.Skill's rma department and have yet to hear a response -- hence my post here)

Not sure when you emailed, but they M-F so itf it was Fri/Sat/Sun they are probably playing catchup, in the meantime, sounds like a bad stick, but might try cleaning the gold connectors with rubbing alcohol using a foam swab or lint-free cloth, prob won't help, but worth a minute or two

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X