This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ga-ep45-ud3p bios f10

I have the GA-EP45-UD3P Rev. 1.0 with BIOS F10. Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33GHz 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor. I have G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Model F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK and installed them and they worked great. Even upgraded from XP Professional(32-bit) to Win 7(64-bit) it still worked great. I decided to upgrade the 2x1gb and add G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK. No POST with both kits in at same time. The 2x2gb works great in both pairs of slots. Just not together. NO over-clocking has been done. All settings are default for cpu and memory. Do I have to have all same size sticks? I want to use all 6gb. If I can could some one help me with settings.

Thanks.

Comment

• You may have a pair of sets that just don't want to play together....but, might try the new set in slots 1-3 and the old sticks in slots 2-4, set CR to 2T, DRAM voltage to 2.1, set base timings to 5-5-5-15 and raise your NB Voltage .07 from it's current setting

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

• It can be that the two kits are not compatible with each other. You can try raising MCH Core Voltage to 1.30V-1.40V, but if that doesn't help, surely they can not work together.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

• Ga-ep45-ud3p bios f10

Even if they are both G.skill kits? Same voltage and timings and cas and everything. Only diff is the denominations.

Comment

• Ga-ep45-ud3p bios f10

I don't have a "NB" setting. Would it be called something else. Don't know what the setting in my BIOS would be for North Bridge voltage.

Comment

• I've been having repeated BSOD issues on my desktop using this RAM along with the GA-EP45-UD3P mobo. The odd thing is that none of these issues manifested until the machine had been running problem-free for 2.5 years. Just recently, it went haywire. I've tried all the settings here and jumped through the various troubleshooting hoops, but nothing works.

I decided to just test each stick in slot 1 of the mobo to see if there were any issues. With one stick, I can login to Windows and work for hours with no issues (although there is a noticeable performance hit). With the other stick, I can't even get to the Windows login screen. I get repeated BSOD errors and weird bootup errors like "kernel is missing or corrupted."

Are there any other measures I can take to get this kit working properly, or does it sound like one of them has gone bad?

Comment

• chevyman8153,

Yes, even the same exact model kit may not be perfectly compatible with each other, that's why we must have fully pre-matched, tested, guaranteed kits.

MCH Core Voltage is NB Voltage.

kharybdis,

Sounds like one module has gone bad, please send it in for RMA.

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

• Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post

kharybdis,

Sounds like one module has gone bad, please send it in for RMA.

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH
                  Do I need to send just the bad module in, or both since they are paired?

Comment

• We recommend sending the entire kit, but you can send in just one module if you can not send both.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

• Hi,
                      I have these sticks coming in the mail for my UD3R. I'm a bit confused as to which set of settings should be made for these sticks as of the F12 bios since it seems the recommendations have changed. Which values to you recommend changing from the F12 BIOS optimized defaults for this board?

Comment

• This is for 4GB (2 sticks) not 8GB.

Comment

• What model is your memory? The memory settings are always on the memory and packaging.

Thank you
                          GSKILL TECH

Originally posted by gmurray View Post
                          Hi,
                          I have these sticks coming in the mail for my UD3R. I'm a bit confused as to which set of settings should be made for these sticks as of the F12 bios since it seems the recommendations have changed. Which values to you recommend changing from the F12 BIOS optimized defaults for this board?

Comment

• F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK. Actual packaging hasn't arrived yet, should get in tomorrow. Board is: GA-EP45-UDR3. Thought I would ask ahead of time since I didn't quite understand which settings from the first post here applied.

Comment

• I've been running 4 sticks of G.Skill for years on a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P v1.1 F10 (W/ Q9550 @ 3.4Ghz). MCH has always been at 1.10V at stock dimm speeds for this ram and I have never had a single problem, stability or otherwise. The stated 1.40V for MCH in this thread is an extremely large jump( ~28%) and should not necessary for stock speeds. I actually tried this setting before attempting a moderate OC and it will render your bios settings unbootable. Good thing this board has a dual bios to prevent it from becoming a "brick", because otherwise I'd be a little upset about the recommended 1.40V stated by the Admin at the start of this thread.
                              Last edited by krusty722; 03-08-2012, 05:47 PM.

Comment

• Not sure what sticks you are running, 4x1GB obviously would be less than 4x2GB, CPU can also play into it (to a degree, running a 9550 at stock with a low vCore can require the NB to need more voltage draw, how well the PSU puts out and how it and the individual mobo regulate voltage can have an effect, getting two sets of sticks (even the same model) can be problematic and require increases in NB and/or DRAM voltage. Sadly all mobos are not created equal, even same model and BIOS. On numerous occasions I've built multiple 'identical' systems (2 or more rigs) and you'd be surprised at the differences in the BIOS settings, from base voltages, to offsets, to DRAM timings, to FSB limitations, etc. Same is true of many components, DRAM, CPUs, GPUs....even when 'identical' with tolerances as tight as they are, multiple things can affect what it takes to get stable.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
                                X