F2-6400CL5D-2GBNQ not booting at 1.9v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-6400CL5D-2GBNQ not booting at 1.9v

my 2gb ram dual channel kit (F2-6400CL5D-2GBNQ) will not boot at 1.9v on windows vista ultimate, just hits the windows logo and then sound gets stuck and repeats itself and then just restarts.

my board is the GA-EG45M-DS2H.

reason i want it at 1.9v is because ive heard that this is the only way to get it in dual channel am i right? not sure but id like to get the best out of this but im not exactly sure on how to, help is appreciated!

voltage would not influence the single or dual channel

would you like to try one stick at one time to see if there is one defective
    thanks

G.S

Comment

took them out and tried one by one, both worked at 1.9v , tried them together and again they both worked at 1.9v, i guess they must have been seated wrong or something.

so why do people say in order for me to get this ram in dual channel that it NEEDS to be at 1.9v? i dont exactly know what the higher voltage means to me (overclocking?), so if im right your saying i can run in dual channel at 1.8v? if so ill do that.

Comment

adding a little bit voltage usually imoroves the stability
        and the voltage on every motherboard differs
        you can try to set it to 1.8v
        if it works at 1.8v, it would be great

G.S

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL View Post
          adding a little bit voltage usually imoroves the stability
          and the voltage on every motherboard differs
          you can try to set it to 1.8v
          if it works at 1.8v, it would be great

G.S
          my board supports up to 2.4 i think so that shouldnt be a problem, seems pretty stable at 1.8 so ill leave it there considering it hasnt crashed once yet.

call me a noob but this is ddr2-800 doesnt that mean they run at 800mhz? im not sure since this is my first build ever and according to monitoring software it says my ram is running at 400mhz, is this normal? thanks for the great ram! will definately be buying again.

Comment

if you are saying 400mhz shown on software such as CPU-Z or Everest, it is correct
            you'll have to double it yourself
            sinceit is actually running DDR2 800

G.S

Comment

Working...
            X