Gigabyte GA-M750SLI-DS4 and F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte GA-M750SLI-DS4 and F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK

I have a Gigabyte GA-M750SLI-DS4 and the G.Skill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK and I cannot get it to run at 1066. If I change anything in the BIOS for the memory timings, the system BIOS reports an error and forces me to revert to my previous settings. I've set the BIOS settings for the memory voltage to 2.1. I do have an option to run the memory as 1066 in the BOIS, but it looks like cpu-z is reporting otherwise. I'm wondering if this is even running at 800. Please advise!

cpu-z reports:
    Type: DDR2
    Size 4096
    Channels #: Dual
    DC Mode: Ganged
    NB Freq: 2000 Mhz
    DRAN Freq: 533.3 Mhz
    FSBRAM: 3:8
    CL: 5
    tRCD: 7
    tRP: 7
    tRAS: 20
    tRC: 33
    CR: 2T

Max Bandwidth on both slots is PC2-6400 (400 MHz) in CPU-z. Is that normal?

THanks in advance!

Since the DRAM Frequency is 533.3 MHz, does that mean it's running at 1066? If so, why does the BIOS say there's a "CPU Voltage Error" when I change the timings to 5-5-5-15?

Comment

Originally posted by Munky Puke View Post
      Since the DRAM Frequency is 533.3 MHz, does that mean it's running at 1066? If so, why does the BIOS say there's a "CPU Voltage Error" when I change the timings to 5-5-5-15?
      533mhz is DDR2 1066. CPU voltage error when you change timing? well that i really not sure why

Comment

It seems there's another person in this forum with a different Gigabyte board that has the same problems when changing the memory configuration from "auto". The BIOS spits out an error when the machine reboots.

Comment

which BIOS version you used? the latest one is F6
          if yours is not that one, please update it first
          thanks

G.S

Comment

I am actually using BIOS version F5. F6 has issues where the machine won't post. I've read some others that have ran into the same issue. I'm anxiously awaiting F7.

Thanks!

Comment

Hey MP,
              Different board but same problems. Just updated BIOS to F9 at G.Skills suggestion and still have the same issue.

Comment

Working...
              X