Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asus Striker II Memory Timings. Problem: No reboot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus Striker II Memory Timings. Problem: No reboot.

model of the motherboard: Asus Striker II Formula
    model of the memory: F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory
    model of the CPU: Intel core 2 quad q9450

Currently I do not have an OS on the system. The problem is the system will not reboot. A few examples are when I enter the BIOS then when I try to exit (does this even if I dont change any settings) the systems hangs on the reboot. All the fans and everything else is running just nothing is happening. Same goes when i tried to install the OS during one of the required reboots, the screen goes black and it hangs. I contacted the Motherboards Manufacuter and they suggest I ask the memory makers on RAM timings or any sort of tweaks that I may have to do to get this working correctly.

it doesn't sound like memory issue.
    i suggest yo set to DDR2 800, if still have problem, probably is not relate to memory

Comment

By default the motherboard had the RAM set to DDR2 800. I've tried that and setting it to the full DDR2 1066. I'll put in a RMA for the motherboard. Thanks for the help.

Comment

every motherboard will set this memory to DDR2 800 because motherboard companies need to follow JEDEC standard; which is DDR2 800 CL5. User needs to set it to DDR2 1066 manually.

this model of memory should work on DDR2 800 just for testing propuse.

let us know if you get any update

thanks

Comment

I've further tested the ram and Im getting the same result. I've tested out all other componets and ruled those to be good. I've gone ahead and arranged an exchange for the motherboard. I'll update the status once I recieve the new motherboard.

Comment

thanks
            please let me know if you have any update

Comment

Is it a striker II formula, what bios ver do you have?
              I have a striker II formula ver 1001 and the same mem.
              I have no problems running it at 800 or 1066 and the timing on auto or 5,5,5,15.
              Have you tried it with different mem?

Comment

Yes it is a striker II formula. I tried running it on BIOS version 1001 and 1501 since I have a 45nm processor. Unfortunately I do not have any other memory to test this with. But it did the same thing with BIOS version 1001 and 1501. I am glad to hear that the RAM does work with the motherboard. It will save me another RMA.

Comment

I had problems with bios ver 1501. It was unstable and flashed it back to 1001. Did you up the mem voltage it must be set to at least 2.04 don't leave it on auto. Check out Gskill.us/166.pdf it shows the settings for that mem and mb. What cpu are you using? I have a q6600 and it was a nightmare to overclock. Good luck.

Comment

Thank you very much for the PDF AudioTech! Unfortunately I have to update the BIOS to work properly with my processor. I picked up the q9450 with the 45nm technology. If I don?t update the BIOS I get an error message like ?Unknown Processor detected, Update BIOS to use the Processor to its fullest potential? I don?t plan on overclocking my system quite yet. I?m saving up for a better cooling solution before I do that.

Comment

Working...
                    X