F2-9600cl5d-4gbpi kit dieing :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-9600cl5d-4gbpi kit dieing :(

Hey, just checking in with some bad ram I fear.. F2-9600cl5d-2gbpi kit has gone south after 7 days of use at stock settings. Qx9650 9xmulti@1600Mhz FSB gave me 1200Mhz with 2:3 divider I think it was. Timings were of course 5-5-5-15 t2, 2.1v all other timeings left at auto.

I was in the middle of playing CODmw2 and got a hard-lock sound cycling. Rebooted and right before it got in to windows I got a BSOD.. 1 more restart same thing. I then backed down to 1066Mhz same timings same voltage and that only lasted an hour.

At this point im thinking all kinds of things worried about the new MB I just got, eVga 780i sli FTW thinking maybe it was going out in some way. Memory controler, faulty ram slot, iffy chipset who knows right?

Anyway I then decided to back down to 800Mhz 4-4-4-12 t2, 2.0v and now for all most 24Hrs its stable no BSOD'ing. until today I get my first BSOD, no hard lock at these cut in half speeds just BSOD.. Now im a bit perturbed at this point so I go to my friends house and ask him to let me use his ram for 5 mins, PC8500 1066 5-5-5-15 2.1v I wont mention a brand name ram.. Got no BSOD's @1133Mhz 1700Mhz FSB CPU@3.6GHz 8x multi 3:2 ratio I think.. Gamed CODmw2 for an hour with no issues..

Im going for a return as im fairly confident that this kit has a lot of potential.

As far as the rest of the settings go for voltages and timings MPC/SPP and so forth, I can give them if ya want but to be honest I dont think ya need um at this point

Running Windows 7 64bit with an eVga 9800Gx2 graphics card and 1000w power supply.

Again, currently running the modules at 4-4-4-12 t2, 2.0v 800Mhz pending an RMA to the place I bought the kit at or they die completely.. Most likely sending them off monday if they don't die sooner.

Can someone suggest some Complete timing sets @ 1200Mhz? I know the CL-RCD-RP-RAS but I was curious as to what you guys would suggest for the RC-RFC-RRD-WR-WTR-RTP. Additionally can I run these at 1t command rate at any speeds over 800MHz? Thanks a bunch.

Intel Qx9650 @ 3.6 1600 FSB 9X Multi
    eVga 780i SLI FTW edition
    F2-9600cl5d-2gbpi 2x2 gig kit.
    Last edited by Ex0duS5150; 04-24-2010, 04:41 PM.

With base timing (are they input manually or on auto), could try adjusting the tRFC, NB voltage and vCore, based on your OC. Could you post your current BIOS settings?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hey Tradesman,
      Whoops I put up the wrong bios settings, lol.. Ok I went in and upped the voltages on some things and im now booted up in windows at 1200Mhz on the memory but I know something is still a miss.. Something on this memory or this board is not working correctly.. Im leaning towards the board even though its brand new.. Let me get some pics up of my current bios settings.

As of this morning it boots up into windows 7 fine, I haven't done any testing yet but ima bout too.. Will come back with results after a few hours of gaming and benchies.

Tradesman let me know what you think of these settings thanks
      Last edited by Ex0duS5150; 04-25-2010, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Your system told me I had 5 images and it was only 4 dont know whats happening but here is the other pic you requested tradesman.

Edit: Nope system still crashes.. Gonna go back to 800Mhz 4-4-4-12 1t 2.0v , that is the only halfway stable config I can get out of this kit on this board.. Still crashes mind you.. Should change the command rate to 2t see if that helps but running 1200MHz memory at 800MHz drives me nutz.. Maybe its time to start looking at the board.. Im really disappointed at this point nothing is working and most of the components in this rig arnt even 2 years old..

2nd Edit Update: Im very confused, the memory seems to be fine.. Intel burn test 10 passes at max setting, using 3 gigs no failures @1067Mhz 5-5-5-15 t2, 2.050v 1600Mhz FSB 3:2 CPU@ 3.6Ghz... Motherboard wouldn't post after bios settings were made kept getting a 25error code Shadow / Video BIOS.. It would just sit there at the error code and with a restart the system goes back to fail safe mode.. Googled around and did a Cmos reset by taking the battery out for 15 mins. and that seems to have fix that problem.. So the system dosent crash unless im watching online streaming video for a long period of time or playing a game that uses Dx10 and has my GPU at 90 to 100% while playing.. Ive checked my temps on the 9800Gx2 and with my fan speed at 100% under-load it dosent get any hotter than 70c.. Is my video card talking a giant crap on me now?? UGH!!! Anyone have any ideas? any suggestions would be highly appreciated.. Only thing I haven't done since all these problems was run a memtest86+ to actually check the kit. I did do a full 2 hours of wall time when I first got the kit.. sooo confused..

3rd Edit: Any Mod can go ahead and delete this thread if ya want.. After another full day of testing Ive come to the conclusion the RAM is 100% stable at 1200Mhz on this system.. My video card on the other hand is not.. Going to swap out mine for another to make sure but im about 99% sure its the 9800Gx2 that is causing BSODs in certain games and streaming video for long periods of time..

The Voltage settings on the screen shots of my bios are a lil high CPU PLL is at 1.5 now, MCP is at 1.57, SPP likes 1.45.. I could probably go lower in some areas if I do more testing but at this point im spent.. Rock solid stable at 1200Mhz 5-5-5-15 t2, 2.1v 2:3 Ratio on a 1600 Mhz FSB.. unlinked
        Last edited by Ex0duS5150; 04-25-2010, 05:41 PM.

Comment

On the GX2 I'm guessing you're running the 197.45 graphics driver if you've been tied up w/ the RAM etc, might consider dropping back a version or trying the newest 197.55 which just came out of beta on the 22nd, can be found here as well at nVidia

http://downloads.guru3d.com/Forcewar...load-2525.html

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the response Tradesman,
            I have been chasing this hardware bug for a week now. About 5 hours in to my testing and trouble shooting I was getting an error code 25 and the system would not restart out of the bios.. Googled around and taking the battery out of the motherboard fixed this issue and all the others so far.. This board is literally a week old so resetting the c-mos was as far away from my mind as you can think.. Maybe some might say I should have tried that first eh?

I am going to do a driver sweep and try some new drivers to see if things clear up with the video card as it still artifacts and since switching to win7 runs a littler hotter due to directX10 apps.. I fear an RMA coming on for the card as well in the very near future Man, good thing eVga has a lifetime warranty on the video card and motherboard I bought, sheesh!

Thanks again and I highly recommend this memory for anyone running this platform. Weather you want to go for low latency or high clocks, this memory can do it all with ease. Ive achieved stable settings from 800Mhz @4-4-4-12 1t @2.05v to 1200Mhz @5-5-5-15 2t @2.1v..

Comment

Sounds good, let us know how things go

Tman

Tman

Comment

Hello, Back again to report that the system is running flawlessly .. Ive done driver sweeps and tried different versions of drivers to get rid of these artifacting issues but to no avail.. RMA is to come soon for the 9800Gx2 ..

On a side note I was wondering, is 77 to high for the tRFC ? I have no issues but was just wondering if the board was defaulting a bit to high for these sub-settings..

5-5-5-15-t2 1200Mhz 2.1v
                (tRC) 54
                (tFRC) 77
                (tRRD) 5
                (tWR) 6
                (tRTW) 6
                (tWTR) 11
                (tRTP) 5
                (tWPT) 12
                (tRD) 7
                (tWD) 4
                (tFLAW) 22

Are these settings ok? Thanks in advance for any input..
                Last edited by Ex0duS5150; 04-29-2010, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Looks fine, they are slightly loose, but probably required for this particular motherboard. Enjoy!

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

Ahhh ok thank you, and I am enjoying = )

The forums here kick butt!! I left a 5 egg review where I bought them from thanks again for everything G-Skill.

Comment

Working...
                    X