Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500cl5d-4gpi-b

Hi,

I just purchases two sticks of model F2-8500CL5D-4GPI-B (2G each stick).

CPU = AMD Athlon X4 630
    Motherboard = GA-MA790X-UD4P (Gigabyte)

My motherboard has 4 DIMM slots. And runs DDR @ voltage of 1.8. This is all stock - no overclocking.

After upping the voltage to 2.0 the following occurs:

If I place the 2 sticks in slots 1 & 2 and run memtest86, my PC reboots after test 1

If I place the 2 sticks in slots 3 & 4 and run memtest86, my PC reboots after test 1

If I take 1 stick -- call it A -- and place in slot 1, memtest86 runs fine (8 hour run)
    If I take 1B stick and place in slot 1, memtest86 appears to run fine (7 minute run)

With voltage @ 1.8, I tried 2 sticks in slots 1 & 2 and got same reboot as above. Did not try any other tests at 1.8V.

Help?

Thanks,

R

<sigh> should have searched the forum before posting. Looks like there are a number of Gigabyte specific things I need to try -- starting with placing mem in slots 1 & 3.

Will read through the "stickys" and post results

Comment

no luck

OK, set everything up as per the Sticky for my motherboard. The directions were contradictory when it came to where to place memory. First line says place in slot closest to computer, skip slot and place 2nd in the next one. Second line says place in yellow slots.

Anyway, tried all combinations & they amount to same thing: Memtest86 run test2 then PC reboots.

Again: followed all bios directions from the Sticky and validated they matched the pictures.

Thanks,

R

Comment

Memory Voltage should be at 2.10V. Do you have the latest BIOS?

Try the following settings, it should actually be faster than DDR2-1066 CL5.

Set Memory Clock - x4.00
        DCTs Mode - Unganged

CAS# latency - 4T
        RAS to CAS R/W Delay - 4T
        Row Precharge Time - 4T
        Minimum RAS Active Time - 12T
        1T/2T Command Timing - 2T
        TwTr Command Delay - 4T
        Trfc0 for DIMM1 - 110ns
        Trfc2 for DIMM2 - 110ns
        Write Recovery Time - 6T
        Precharge Time - 3T
        Row Cycle Time - 24T
        RAS to RAS Delay - 4T

Increase DDR2 Voltage to 2.0V

Let me know how that goes.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

No such luck. Voltage is @2.1, latest BIOS installed. I used all the settings you listed except:

Trfc0 for DIMM1 - 110ns
          Trfc2 for DIMM2 - 110ns

For those I only had the option of 105 and 127.x I tried with 127.x If you think it makes a difference I'll try the other.

PC reboots on test 2 of memtest86.

Thanks,

Raj

Comment

(bump)

Should I just return the sticks? Still don't get why each individual runs fine in memtest but together they do not.

-R

Comment

Sounds like a bad motherboard or CPU, but you can try replacing the memory first to eliminate it as a possibility.

Thank you
              GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

yeah - I'm leaning toward motherboard/CPU as well since other members here have been able to get the same mobo/memory combination to work. (most people's issues are getting it to run @ 1066 which is not my problem).

Off to the Gigabyte tech support I go :-)

Thanks,

-R

Comment

Working...
                X