• Show
Clear All

• Ep35 DS3/L & F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI GSkill 1066 Compat issue

MOBO - GB EP35DS3/L Rev 2.0
    BIOS - F6 - Latest
    RAM - F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI GSkill 1066
    CPU - Intel E8400

Hey,

I have had my system for about 1 year and a half, in this time there has been various upgrades to components, however i have become stuck on one thing and its making me very upset !! i want DUAL channel !!! everytime i put my 2 sticks into a Dual formation the monitor wont boot when it starts up... so i have no choice but to run 4gb at single channel...

i have messed with my bios to match the Ram settings 5.5.5.15 and +.3 on the DDR to make it up to ram specs (2.1)

For the life of me i dont know why this wouldnt be able to run 4gb, i know FOR sure that there is no problems with RAM as i have run SC for ages with no errors.. and same with the Ram slots as i ran previous 4 sticks on dual no worries... just seems to be a 1066 issue maybe... Has anyone had this problem with the same board ? some say that they have no worries with 4gb but when going up to 8.. thats when there issue starts... why cant i get to 4 DC !!!

Any help would be great,

Chrisso

You'll want the sticks in slots 1-3 (could try 2-4), set your base timings to 5-5-5-15, DRAM Voltage to 2.1, Command Rate to 2T, prob want tRFC at about 68, mat have to add .1 to the MCH voltage and/or the FSB voltage (shouldn't, but might)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Great thank you for your response so what would be the method in doing this, Restart PC > change sticks into there rightful slots > enter Bios > Tweak new settings (please tell me what Command Rate and Trfc are so i can find em) and then restart the PC ? because if i start the PC with the stick in Dual mode it wont boot monitor...

EDIT i have changed to the settings you provided, should i shutdown place ram in one and 3 and reboot ? or one stick at a time ?
      EDIT Just tried suggested settings with 1 and 3 and 2 and 4. both times rebooting the PC sounds like it loads ok (though its to Windows noise) but Hdds are going and so on, but no monitor..... what the hell ?
      Last edited by Chrisso06; 02-09-2010, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Sounds like you're going to need a new motherboard.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Thats about as informative as you can be ? it has nothing to do with the Mobo.. why we have so many dramas with your "Awesome product" ?

Comment

I deal with this every day, so for me it's simple. What's defective is defective, no matter how you tweak it, it's still not going to work as it was designed to. We have this motherboard here, and I have tested it many times, so I know exactly how it should operate.

This is a support forum, so obviously everyone here has some sort of issue. My job is to troubleshoot the issue and help you get your computer running smoothly. I can care less if the problem is with G.Skill, ASUS, or whichever company. No matter how awesome a product is, there will still be issues and defects.

This motherboard should have absolutely no issues with this memory package. As long as you set the memory settings, everything should run just fine, so if each stick works fine by itself but when both sticks used have issues, it is surely the motherboard that needs to be replaced.

If you question my suggestion, please feel free to search my previous threads where I was wrong.

Thank you
            GSKILL SUPPORT

Simply because Toyota has a huge recall does not mean every Toyota has a problem and the company is crap. At the end of the day, after all the drama, they will still be on top.
            Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 02-16-2010, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X