F2-6400CL5D-2GBNQ power specs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What mobo, CPU and FSB are you running?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi,

Motherboard: MSI K9NBPM2-FID
      CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200

This mobo has very few settings to change for memory, i.e., no FSB tweaking. The only setting I've found is basically for setting memory voltage.

With the 2x2GB G.Skill + 2x1GB G.Skill (originally), it runs 800Mhz Dual channel.

With the 2x2GB G.Skill + 2x2GB Transcend (now), it runs 667Mhz Dual channel... I've been told (on the MSI forum) that, for this mobo and CPU, that's normal, i.e., it'll drop the memory speed down to 667 Mhz with the full 8GB.

Jim

Comment

Will have to see if I can dig up a manual, not real familiar w/ the mobo

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi,

http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=do...33&type=manual

Jim

Comment

Check out the nTune utility that came on your driver disk, or download the latest version from MSI or nVidia, it should allow you to tune the sysytem as to FSB, DRAM settings etc.

Tman

Comment

Tradesman,

Since it's currently running stably, albeit without that 200GB drive, I think I'll just leave it like this, unless I decide to buy another 2x2GB of G.Skill memory.

I guess that if I do buy more G.Skill memory, and if still has problems, I'll be back here.

Thanks,
              Jim

Comment

If you get a chance and have or can borrow a different PSU you could give that a try, might not be getting full power through the rails

Tman

Comment

Hi,

Well, it looks like I spoke too soon ...

While my system has been running somewhat stably, I've noted a couple of times where it rebooted spontaneously ...

At first, I thought it was a fluke, but it's happened several times now.

So, I've gone ahead and ordered another pair of G.Skill (2x2GB). Hopefully, the system will be ok with all G.Skill....

Will post back after the new 4GB arrives.

Jim

Comment

Hi,

Well, the system crashed enough times so that it messed up several of my Vmware guests big-time ...

Hopefully (really), the new 4GB G.Skill will be stable, as I'm back to running 2x2GB+2x1GB all G.Skill now, and the system is solid.

Jim

Comment

Hi,

The new 4GB G.Skill (F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ) arrived today, and I've installed it. System is stable for now with the full 8GB G.Skill, and I'll post back in a few days to report if it's good or not.

Jim

Comment

P.S. I was kind of surprised that with the full 8GB of G.Skill, BIOS reports "dual channel" and 800Mhz. Earlier, when I had the 2x2GB G.Skill and 2x2GB Transcend, it was "dual channel" and 667Mhz.

That was a kind of pleasant surprise, cuz earlier threads on the MSI forum indicated that this mobo and CPU would only do 667Mhz dual channel with 8GB...

Jim

Comment

Hi,

My system has been stable, with the full 8GB now, so I think that replacing the 4GB (2x2GB) Transcend with the 2nd set of 2x2GB G.Skill did the trick...

Keeping fingers crossed...

Jim

Comment

Working...
                          X