No announcement yet.

F2-6400CL5D-4GBNT on Asus P5Q-VM

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-6400CL5D-4GBNT on Asus P5Q-VM

I just bought a 2x2GB kit of GSkill DDR2 6400 (F2-6400CL5D-4GBNT, CL5-5-5-15 1.8v) and I'm struggling to make it work on an Asus P5Q-VM motherboard with an Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (no overclocking) and no other memory module.

memtest86 didn't detect any error after 7 full passes, but Windows is frequently rebooting (BSOD) or freezing with a corrupted display. I tried upping the RAM voltage to 1.90v and 2.00v and it seemed more stable, but after a few hours it eventually crashes.

Is this a known incompatibility with this motherboard? Is there a way to configure the BIOS settings to make it work?

Thank you for your help.

Are you using the latest BIOS? The memory should be plug and play compatible, so if not, test individually to see if a module performs differently than others. If needed, send them in for RMA exchange to receive a new kit.

BIOS settings should be automatic, but you can verify with what's on the RAM in BIOS.
    Are you an overclocker? Have screen shots of your OC results? Please post and share your OC experience!

The new G.Skill Overclocking Section!