Announcement

Collapse

UNDER CONSTRUCTION: G.Skill Forum

Hello Everyone

The G.Skill Technical forum will be under construction during the month of February. There may be random down time, so we sincerely appreciate your patience and cooperation during this time. We are excited to bring you a more interactive forum to share information. For any technical assistance or issue that may require more attention, please contact us directly via other methods such as email, telephone, social media, NewEgg Chat, and more. Support is available through any avenue you can reach us.

ustech@gskillusa.com
techsupport@gskill.com

We hope for a quick and smooth transition

Thank you for your understanding

GSKILL SUPPORT
See more
See less

Guide for Gigabyte GA-EP45C-DS3R and F2-6400CL4D-4GBPK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guide for Gigabyte GA-EP45C-DS3R and F2-6400CL4D-4GBPK

Hi,
    I have this configuration for 6 year now and I'm experiencing more and more freezing of my PC most of the time within the 2 to 5 first minutes when I start it.
    I did look on windows 7 for a while, but stop looking there when I experience the same freezes when I was on BIOS or running on prompt a MEMETEST86.
    Now I have some doubt on the parameters used on the BIOS.
    Timmings are set up manually as : 4-4-4-12, but voltage is set at 2.100V... which is not matching G.Skill recommendations. I'm surprised for this, but as this configuration has been done by the shop where I purchase the computer (Materiel.net in france), I nerver look to the parameters...
    I also read on the web that G.Skill RAM can be set above the redommended ones at 2.1V...
    This is whuy I prefer to ask directly to the manufacturer and based on the mother board, what would be your recommendations?
    May I also asked you as well what other parameter should be set for this mother board?

In the same time I had since yesterday decrease the voltage to 1.800V, but I need to test the PC for few days, becasue the problem only occurs when power on and also randomly...
    Thanks a lot in davnce for your advices.
    Alch

Test one module at a time to see if the issue occurs with a single stick.
    Are you an overclocker? Have screen shots of your OC results? Please post and share your OC experience!

The new G.Skill Overclocking Section!

http://www.gskill.us/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43

Comment

Thanks for the answer. I will check that. As I wrote, I'm testing the new 1.8V instead of 2.1V since few days. I don't want to say it is the solution too early, but up to now and following 5 or 6 power up, the issue has not come back...!
      I will keep you update.

Comment

Just a quick update which can help other in the same cases. Following the adjustment of the voltage from 2.100V to 1.8V I never get the problem again!!!
        I also have to admit that just before doing this adjustment I had remove both RAM and set them on the mother board again... So not sure 100% if this comes only from the voltage adjustment... I need to do the test to go bacl to 2.10V and see if the problem occur again, but I have to admit that I'm so happy to see my PC working normally again that I don't want to "play" with the BIOS again...

Comment

Working...
        X