Announcement

Collapse

UNDER CONSTRUCTION: G.Skill Forum

Hello Everyone

The G.Skill Technical forum will be under construction during the month of February. There may be random down time, so we sincerely appreciate your patience and cooperation during this time. We are excited to bring you a more interactive forum to share information. For any technical assistance or issue that may require more attention, please contact us directly via other methods such as email, telephone, social media, NewEgg Chat, and more. Support is available through any avenue you can reach us.

ustech@gskillusa.com
techsupport@gskill.com

We hope for a quick and smooth transition

Thank you for your understanding

GSKILL SUPPORT
See more
See less

F2-8800CL5Q-8GBPI on GA-X48-DS4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8800CL5Q-8GBPI on GA-X48-DS4

Windows Vista's memory diagnostics finds memory errors. I RMA's my first set from Newegg, and this new set seems to be even worse. The system won't even boot if I try to overclock even a little bit. Does this memory not work with this motherboard?

High quality motherboard and high quality RAM. You'd think there wouldn't be any issues.

so did it work fine at DDR2 1066?

G.S

Comment

It worked without overclocking for a couple months. Memory tests showed errors, but it worked so I just accepted my fate and ran at stock speeds. Every now and then I'd get a memory error, and even had to re-intall Windows. Now however if I do anything intensive I get a blue screen. I'm now in the process of RMAing my second set.

I sure hope my THIRD set is not defective, or maybe your RMA team will send me a comparable model that is not so faulty. I see on Newegg that other people are experiencing problems with this model as well. I've heard such good things about your memory, so this experience has been a bit disappointing.

Comment

sorry for the inconvenience of RMA
        we'll try to do better

G.S

Comment

Working...
        X