• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New G.SKILL memory, computer won't boot

Motherboard: MSI RX480 Neo2 Socket 939
    Memory: F1-3200PHU2-2GBNS
    CPU: AMD Athlon64 4000+

Upgrading from 1GB of Kingston KVR PC3200, installed the two sticks of G.SKILL and hit the power button. Power comes on, fans start, lights on...but no boot. "No signal" message on monitor. Re-installed the KVR and it boots up fine.

I checked the BIOS and it says the motherboard is capable of 2.5V-2.85V (though the MSI fact sheet says differently: http://www.msi.com/product/mb/RX480-...l#/?div=Detail), and with the KVR installed is running at 2.6V. I can't seem to find a way to manually change this setting. Could low voltage be causing the problem, and if so, what can I do about it?

Thanks in advance

Do you have the latest BIOS? The mobo should allow for manual voltage change, may have a setting to set DRAM manually, will try and check it out this PM

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Set DRAM Voltage to 2.75V

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Tried switching the voltage to 2.75v and still no boot. Hard drives spin, fans come on, but nothing else. Any other suggestions?

Comment

Test one at a time to see if one is bad and causing a problem.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Ok, tested each stick individually and still no luck. Anything else?

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS...if not the DRAM limit may be 2700 orr 333 sticks instead of the 400 sticks you have

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

As far as I can tell, the BIOS is up to date.

Tradesman, the sticks I'm replacing are 400mHz memory, so I don't think that's the issue.

Comment

May want to try the voltage slightly higher on the DRAM, these sticks call for 2.75 which alot of older mobos just couldn't do and at a reading of 2.75 some are still under the shown voltage

Tman

Comment

Working...
                  X