Combatability Issue with Sony VGC-RB42G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combatability Issue with Sony VGC-RB42G

I recently purchased 2GB of DDR 400 PC-3200 memory from NewEgg.com on their recommendation based on my machine model. However, the product does not work with my VAIO VGC-RB42G. When the memory modules are installed, the machine behaves as though there is no memory in the machine.

Is there any possibility of receiving an RMA number to exchange this memory for modules that are compatible with the VGC-RB42G?

Thanks!

--Sean

What is the model number of the memory package you purchased? We do not do RMA replacements to exchange for a different memory module or package. You will need to contact your original place of purchase for an exchange.

The correct G.Skill memory package for your Sony VAIO VGC-RB42G is the G.Skill F1-3200PHU2-2GBNT.

Chances are you purchased the incorrect memory package, so you will need to contact NewEgg.com immediately to exchange for the correct G.Skill memory package stated above. It is unfortunate that the memory configurator recommendation on NewEgg.com is not always correct.

If you have any further questions, feel free to let us know.

GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
    X