tech support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tech support

Hi...recently purchased RAM for my older PC and when I try to get to the 'Technical Support - techsupport@gskill.com which is on the package, I get 'page cannot be displayed'. Is that the correct link? A bit of an issue that I'd like to find out how to work thru. Thanks, Kat

the techsupport@gskill.com isn't a link to a page it's one of GSkill's e-mail addresses, the link that it is in is trying to connect to your e-mail account , which probably isn't set up to take a direct e-mail input.

You can use that address to e-mail them direct or if in US may want to e-mail to ustech@gskillusa.com, also feel free to seek advise here in the forums, Gskill has staff on the boards M-F and often times evenings and weekends, I'm usually in and out most every day and there are other members that are well versed in systems and GSkill products

Tman

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ahhhh, thank you Tman for the info and getting back to me. I'll give it a whirl here, please bear in mind that i am not , and i say with a lot of respect, a 'techie'. Motherboard is a PC Chips' K7 [M825G] which from what I found can support 2GB memory. I purchased Dual Channel 2 X 1GB sticks, matching the other info off what was in it. With one or both installed, when I check my systems info, it still says 512 and it really doesn't seem any faster. Shouldn't I be seeing as upgraded and if not there, on start-up? Thanks for any info you can share...
      TGIF! [almost]..... Kat

Comment

Not familiar with your mobo or it's BIOS, will check into it, but prob not going to be able to get back to you till Fri evening, hopefully GSkill can lend a hand early tomorrow. It may be that you have to manually load the speed, timings and amount of RAM installed, could also be that after removing the old sticks, you may have to load a single stick and then the second stick...or even that the mobo doesn't actually take a full 2 GB, in the meantime, if you could provide your CPU type and speed along with your BIOS version it would help, as with screenshots of your bios screens.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Check memory capacity in BIOS, or when you boot up. Let me know what it states.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Hi.... just in from work , sorry I took so long getting this out to you. As per your requests, I have swapped out the sticks in a few different ways, there was no change. My thought that it could take 2GB as that's what it says the max is, on the paperwork. Thanks for your patience and help....Kat

Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.93GHz
            Version: x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 1
            Speed: 2926 MHz

System Model: AWRDACPI
            BIOS Version: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG

System BIOS
            AMI 2Mb Flash ROM
            Supports Plug and Play 1.0A, APM 1.2, Multi Boot DMI
            Full support for ACPI revision 1.0 specification

Comment

From little I've seen the mobo you indicated is an AMD socket A mobo, which wouldn't take a Celeron (Intel) CPU - could it be a Sempron CPU, what set of sticks did you get? Will look further
              Last edited by Tradesman; 02-19-2010, 07:49 PM.

Tman

Comment

G' morning Tman. What I put above is what i copy/pasted from System Info from START >>Programs> Acc> etc. so if theres a different CPU, I wouldn't know but I can look inside if that's not the right place to take info from. I purchased GSkill - Duel Channel ...F1- 3200PHU2-2GBNS - DDR 400 PC-3200 1024MB X 2. Have a good weekend... not sure where you are but I hopeits not snowing or rainning which seems to be the norm lately in the U.S. LOL....Kat

Comment

Start > All Programs > Acc > System Tools > System Information

Check to see what the Total Available Physical Memory amount is.

Thank you
                  GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Hi.... whats below is Start > All Programs > Acc > System Tools > System Information "

Memory (RAM)
                    Capacity: 512 MB

Local Disk
                    Total Capacity: 120.56 GB
                    Sum of Hard Disks: (C: )
                    Used: 15.09 GB

Free: 105.46 GB

BUT..in peeking around here "Start - Contol Panel - System Prop - General" it states processor and 1 GB

One totally confused Kat in NY .........thanks

Comment

Go ahead and send those in for new replacements. Hopefully the new set will not have this problem.

Thank you
                      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Ok, I will and thank you for your help......Kat

Comment

Hi...can you give me a specific mailing address and it there should be any specific information enclosed with it please. I only saved the molded plastic the sticks came in and the immediate outer box Thanks....Kat

Comment

Working...
                          X