No announcement yet.

F1-3200phu2-2gbns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some are like that, the mobos that come out of factory systems, can really be a pain at times, what little companies like Dell, Compaq, HP and e-Machine do with the BIOS is often geared to limiting your upgrade choices in RAM etc in the hopes you'll buy from them at inflated prices (Compaq and Dell both went for awhile with proprietary components). So it can be hit or miss.

Might go ahead and give it a try, never really hurts for straight experimentation, when you get to OCing, you have to be a little more careful.

Tman

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Do you think it would benefit my system getting another cpu XP3000/XP3200 400MHz fsb ? this will allow the memory to run at its rated speed, or is this old horse dead and no need to feed it anymore ?
      Last edited by Wildman95gst; 05-29-2009, 04:55 PM.

Comment

My guess is things will continue to bog you down and more problems will be popping up, if possible I'd suggest moving up to a newer setup. Don't know what all you have/need, but in most cases you could look into a new mobo,CPU and RAM then use your existing case, HDs, CD, etc (though may well have to look at a new PSU.

Or possibly to make it easier that looking for individual components, you might take a look at the barebones systems offered by TigerDirect. If you went that route and are on a budget, I'd suggest going Intel w/ the socket 775, you can get an entry level setup for about $170 that can be easily upgraded, but you'd be starting w/ a fster system than where you currently are and can alsways go up in CPU, RAM, etc. Here's one at $170

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...888&CatId=3446

Or better yet, if you could propose a budget, I could put together a list for you, that would get you the most bang for the buck, shame you aren't in Tucson, I'm going to be rebuilding two of my systems this coming week and will be selling the old guts.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I had thought about doing that, replacing my system. I am not a very big gamer so i will not need a super machine but have found out with the many years of dumping money into the computer black hole, quality name brand products are a must. I would like to put something together for around $500

Comment

Ok,, I'm headed out for a network upgrade, can probably check out some pricing when I run stress tests on it after the upgrades are in, will get back to you this afternoon, probable around 4 PM PST or so (if not sooner), will primarily be looking at the Egg (NewEgg), will shoot for something that will leave plenty of room for upgrading, so it will last a few years

Tman

Comment

Ran up a quick list this afternoon, includes Mobo, CPU, 4GB RAM, PSU, GPU, HD, DVD/CD burner (all drives SATA II), comes to $488 - which includes 3 day guaranteed shipping. Also included is $50 worth of rebates you would get back), if you'll drop me a PM (Private message) w/ an email address, I can send you the whole list, that way you could pare it down (i.e. if you want to use the drives you already have or whatever) or change things around.

Once I eat and run a couple short errands I'll try and refine it a bit more.

Tman

Comment

Working...
              X