Backwards compatability?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backwards compatability?

Wondering about PC3200 being usable in a Gateway E-4000 computer?

Intel 845G chipset

2gb MAX ram.

please help...

Thanks,
    Ravin

It will be compatible, but the Block size in here is the question. Board sure supports 1GB sticks, but only with 266-333Mhz(PC2700) only. Voltages should be fine board defaults 2.5v to memory, but I'd still check if there's an RAM voltage control in BIOS.
    "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
    http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

128Meg x 64 for the 1GB strips? unbuffered, non ECC memory if I am correct would be what I'm looking at getting, and the 3200 will clock down just ensure I have 2.5v for RAM.

Sounds good, I have been wanting to try G.Skill RAM on a system for awhile now.

Comment

I am using F1-3200PHU2-2GBNS modules on my e-machine motherboard with a 333mhz fsb and no voltage adjustment in the bios and they clock back and run with no problems

Comment

Hey there Wildman, good to see ya, anything on the new system?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi good friend not yet, the ac compressors on all three of our cars died with in a month of each other so this has taken priory on what little funds i do have. I will contact you again when i am able again to spend some money on my toys

Comment

The G.Skill F1-3200PHU2-2GBNT should be plug and play for your Gateway E-4000 series. Let me know if you have any further questions.

GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Sounds like a plan Wildman, hope you get the ACs fixed...could be out here in Tucson, suppose to hit 112/3 today, after a balmy 107 Sat.

Tman

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Wow Tman. I want to move to Arizona to get away from these ridiculous CA taxes (9.75% sales and scheduled to go up even more), but that temperature is way too dang hot! I'd rather go to Vegasss. =P

GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Actually (heatwise) Vegas is generally hotter (and it feels it, compared to Tucson), I lived there for 4 years while in the Air Force. But after growing up in Indiana, spending time in CA (San Fran), a few years in VA and a few in FL, I'll take Arizona over all of them. The 112 here is like 80 most other places when you factor in the humidity most others get. With my systems work, it's mostly inside, but I also have a remodeling business so I spend a ton of time working outdoors, and I'd much rather work here at 100+ than the other places at 80+. Vegas is a close second, but I think you feel the heat more, in part because Lake Mead is so close, Henderson's just a short run up the road from Vegas proper.

Tman

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X