Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to enable XMP/manually overclock G.SKILL memory with ASUS X79 & SB-E or IB-E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sandy Bridge-E

Comment

To give you an idea ... with those settings in #33 @4.2, and 11 Cores running 100% running the BOINC application, it runs at 72 degrees with the Corsair CPU water cooler running on medium setting.

Comment

Was asking about the mobo - on the Extreme, others should be similar, go into BIOS to the Extreme tweaking part and go into DRAM TIMING CONTROL - if you insert a USB flash drive before you boot up, when you get into the BIOS every time you pull up a screen you want the info from - hit the F12 key and it will take an image of the screen in .jpg format and save it to the Flash Drive, then you can simply post the images on the forum rather than writing down and typing out all the advanced DRAM timings

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Do you want those now?

Comment

The motherboard is a Asus Rampage IV Extreme (1 PCI-E x1, 5 PCI-E x16, 8 DDR3 DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN)

Comment

Its a Flash Voyager 64Gb. When I boot up into the bios, the pen drive is not recognised by the ROG screen. The press of the F12 key registers, but ROG claims its not copied to the Flash Voyager Drive.

Comment

Its 0520, signing off.

Comment

Might try it in a different USB slot

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Pen Drive had failed.

I've dug out another, and tried to upload - but get the upload error screen. That happens whether or not I upload from my PC or from my Webspace. Its a 1.6mb zip file so well within upload limits. Tried with another copy and also from my laptop, all the same symptoms, I get the error screen.

Also tried with a single screenshot, still get the error.

I shall retire bruised and battered

Comment

Files below ..... that-was-fun ..... you name it - it happened.

[ATTACH]330[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]331[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]332[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]333[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]334[/ATTACH]

I've beaten it into submission, so the next one(s) if needed, will not take longf.

Comment

Just got up and am headed into the field, will be back by noon or so (PST) and get a closer look

Tman

Comment

She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed just yelled "Dinner" - back in an hour or so

Comment

Ok, things really look pretty good, might try the 4.2 and manually set vCore to 1.17 and DRAM to 1.68

Tman

Comment

Thanks for that, cant do it immediately for a number of reasons, but will give it a whirl within the next couple of hours.

I've had it on 4.2Ghz for about 24hrs now (used to be the 3.9Ghz pre-set) with no other changes in any other values in the 3.9Ghz pre-set. So far so good.

I will enter the two changes you suggested and see what gives ..... many thanks, I greatly appreciate the assist

I'll report back with the result in a couple of hours or so.

Comment

Be out for a bit, then back, C U

Tman

Comment

Working...
                                X