It Happens To All Of Us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Happens To All Of Us

Planned on doing some testing and comparisons of 3 sets of DRAM (Snipers 1866/CL9 2x4GB * 2 = 16GB F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR (yes I know both I and GSkill suggest against mixing sets, but I love the Snipers and when I bought these they didn't have them in a 16GB set, so I took a chance), the Snipers 2133/CL9 4x4GB 16GB F3-17000CL9Q-16GBSR, and a set of Ripjaws X 2133/CL9 4x8GB 32GB F3-2133C9Q-32GXH) and other things so I decided on using my trusty ASRock P67 Fatal1ty Performance, and came to discover that while I have the latest BIOS, it has NOT been updated for 8GB sticks nor for 32GB sets....what joy! XMP wouldn't work, the timings it wanted to load made no sense, so was stuck for a few hours while I muddled through and figured out the advanced timings with only being able to boot at a very slow 1333/CL9....after more combinations of no boots and BSODs finally got them figured out and they are running fairly nicely at slightly tight settings (will be trying to tighten them up further but not expecting much more, plus the mobo is limited to 2133 except for BCLK OCs (very slight increases).

Wanted everyone to know these problems can and do hit anyone. Will also be doing some experimenting with some RAM drives and other things too, so if any suggestions, feel free to toss them out. The initial set up with the timings at 9-10-10-30 instead of 9-11-11-31 (stock) came out in MaxxMem like this:
    Last edited by Tradesman; 04-14-2012, 07:44 AM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman
Working...
X