X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill F4-3866C18Q-32GTZ + Asus Prime z370-a + i7-8700k

Hello,
    I need an advice with my situation.:
    Just bought F4-3866C18Q-32GTZ kit to replace my previous corrsair 3000 c15 16gb (2x8) kit.

Problem is that I expected it to run at least 3500Mhz - 3600Mhz. However I can't go up more than 3300Mhz cl14/cl15 (stable). Got a few unstable BIOS post boots on 3400Mhz.
    Memory kit is listed in motherboard QVL.

My PC build is around 1 year old. The very first days I had old kit (Corrsair 3000Mhz C15) working stable on 3500Mhz without any problems. But after some time/ bios updates it wont go over 3000Mhz with old 16Gb kit and 3300Mhz with new G.Skill 32GB kit.

It just completely refuses to post bios on All auto timings and normal/max voltages with speeds more than 3400Mhz. Tried with CPU OC to 5ghz and with auto -> no luck.
    Tried using XMP or setting XMP timings manually -> same result, no luck...

Can it be motherboard degradation over the time or bios issue? As I was always updating to a newer version to keep it stable and try possible better overclocks.

I will be very thankful for any help / advice.

Motherboard not so much, possibly CPU degradation.

Try each memory module to see if each can reach a higher frequency. This can give you an idea of what may be causing a problem.

Comment

Yeah, I suspect the CPU too... I tried each memory module separately and got exactly the same behavior. Please note my CPU is delided and running with the EK water block. Max temps on stress was 71-72.
      Yesterday I removed the water block to check may be the bad contact and spotted that liquid metal dried so that impossible to remove it with rubbing alcohol. After I applied the fresh liquid metal temps dropped even more (60-65) but still getting the same behavior with the memory modules

Comment

Working...
      X