X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• f4-4133c19d-16gtzkwc + aorus gaming 8 + xmp don t boot

Hello
    I buy Gigabyte aorus gaming 8 + i7 7700k + f4-4133c19d-16gtzkwc
    And when I try to boot with XMP It blocks on "C1" , reboot on "fail boot bad settings"

on Gigabyte : Support for DDR4 4133(O.C.) / 4000(O.C.) / 3866(O.C.) / 3800(O.C.) / 3733(O.C.) / 3666(O.C.) / 3600(O.C.) / 3466(O.C.) / 3400(O.C.) / 3333(O.C.) / 3300(O.C.) / 3200(O.C.) / 3000(O.C.) / 2800(O.C.) / 2666(O.C.) / 2400(O.C.) / 2133 MHz memory modules

I tried a single ram on each slot
    two by two
    all combinations of ram / slot and impossible to turn 4133

Work only on 3866 (3466 on cpu-z)

Am I doing something wrong?
    Should I increase? CPU VCCIO Voltage range and CPU System Agent Voltage range? other?
    Thanks for advance

From my experience Gigabyte states max supported memory frequency quite agressive. So if you go for the max supported frequency you might have manually adjust voltages, like VCCSA/IO you already mentioned, and/or some sub-timings.

If you have a stable setting for 3866, try to adjust VCCSA and IO to what your CPU actually needs and the sub-timings the board trains for that. Then work your way up to 4000 and then 4133. You can recycle the XMP timings for that, to make the process easier/quicker. Usually you will need a bit more SA then IO, however it can vary from Board to Board and CPU to CPU. Also don't go fully overboard with either of them, since that can hurt stability as well** and also damage your CPU. So moving in small steps is key here. Save your progress in BIOS profiles (to USB), so you can go back to any of them if you need to.

**the board might acutally apply not to little but too much voltage for these @ AUTO
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Your results are right on par with what we have tested the motherboard to be capable of:

https://www.gskill.com/en/configurat...859&model=2891

Comment

Thank you for your two answers, I will test step by step
        and I will come back to you

Comment

Working...
        X