Trident X 2400 Secondarys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trident X 2400 Secondarys

I have a new msi mpower max ac z97 mb about a month ago and want to tighten my secondary and third timings.Anyone know what ones I can try to lower.Right now I have 2400 running stable with 10 10 12 28 1T at 1.66 volts.So far I have tfaw-16-trrd-4-twtr-4-twcl-5-trtp-8.The third ones,the tritiary timings I have not touched at all.Is there any tritiary ones worth tweaking.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NIK1; 05-22-2015, 05:54 PM.

How is your memory performance looking right now? Is there anything wrong with it?

There are a some tertiaries that you could tighten down a bit, but since this is a 2x8gb kit you wont catch up to the numbers a good 2x2gb or 2x4gb kit could deliver in memory sensitive benchmarks anyways.

For terts try 4-6-6-4-4-4-15-4-4-(11-11-11) and try to get RTL to 42/43 and IOL to 3/4 (via RTL Init Value, IO Compensation and Chip Finetune).
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Thanks.I will give it a go.

Comment

When you're done, please post a screenshot of your Aida64 cachemem results

Comment

I have the terts set 4-6-6-4-4-4-15-4-4 ok but the last 3- 11 11 11 was a no go.I tried 12 12 12 and also a no go so I left them at 13 13 13.I did a cacheman run and later I will try the RTL tweak and IOL post cacheman results if successful.Thanks for your help.
          Attached Files

Comment

The 13s might go away when your RT/IO-L are tightened up. Other than that performance looks pretty good already.

Comment

When you mentioned try to get the RTL down to 42/43 do you mean TRTL thats in Latency Timing Config.In here is TIOL also.I think I must be looking in the wrong spot so I thought I would ask.

Comment

I figured it out how to lower RTL and IOL.How does everything look.Is there anything else worth tweaking...
                Attached Files

Comment

Try reducing tWR to 14/12/10 and then you're basically done.

Comment

Thanks alot for your help.I will give it a go.

Comment

It does not look like I cant get 2400 9-10-12-24-1t stable.I ran Aida64 memory stress test and it want red in about 5 seconds.10-10-12-24 1t is stable though.To get it to run at cas 9 would more volts help.Besides dram volts what other bios volts could I juice up to try if any.

Comment

Working...
                      X