Max amt of DDR3 2400 Memory for Sabertooth Z77

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max amt of DDR3 2400 Memory for Sabertooth Z77

I have G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400 (PC3 19200) Desktop Memory Model F3-2400C10D-16GTX and working fine at the rated 2400ghz.A friend of mine sold me his Gskill memory that is the same as mine,2 8 gig sticks for 80 bucks.I put the other 2 sticks for 32 gig total and she would not boot, then tried only 3 sticks for 24 gig and still a no go. Is my I5 3570k with a sabertooth z77 board at the limits with 2 "8" gig sticks at 16 gb. I checked the ram he sold me and as long as I use 2 sticks she runs fine. Would more voltage help in at least getting 3 8 gig sticks to work for 24 gig max, or underclocking it to a lower ghz. No worries though 80 bucks for 2 sticks 2400 memory goes for close to 200 bucks at a local computer parts store. If she wont take anymore of this ram I will use it for another build I am doing this month. Anyone have any ideas...

Try a lower frequency to see if they can boot up together. Possibly the chips are much different so they will not work together. Check the production date on the modules.

Comment

Have you tried both kits with your super tightened up timings or at their default XMP settings? The 2nd kit might not be able to do the same settings as your first one.

At default memory settings (DDR3-1333) you should be able to POST with all four sticks installed.
      Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Working...
      X