Tweak tREFI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tweak tREFI

The tREFI setting is 9360 on auto for my Gskill Trident x 2400 memory. I have read that tweaking this setting can help make things a little quicker. I doubled the tREFI to 18720 and it seemed to make things snappier..Is there any other numbers I can try in here or is it best to leave it alone. Also,how do all the other settings look. Any recommendations.
    Attached Files

The timings look alright for your type of memory. If tWWSR and tRRSR actually are at 4 you should be good to go. You could try to reduce DRAM clock period a bit further, but i thought you already did that... and thats basically about it.

On another note: How often did i reply to one of your threads with you never coming back to them?
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Thanks for the info. The click period will not boot under 8,do you think the tREFI at 18720 is ok.

Comment

It is kinda high for the 24/7 side of things, but if you system is stable at that, then you are good. However if you get a memory error every now and then during long time use, then you probably have to reduce the value a bit.

Into how much actual performance gain does the higher tREFI translate with your settings?
        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Working...
        X