Trident X 2400 Secondary Timings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trident X 2400 Secondary Timings

I am tweakings the secondarys of my Trident X 2400 memory and all seems fine,dram 1.65 volts ,VCCSA is stock 0.925,my timings are 10 10 12 24 1T .The second timing I could drop from 12 to 10 ok,no lower.The first or fourth if lowered no boot,and the third if lowered not stable with prime stress test.Now when running tighter secondarys is the dram and vccsa volts ok at stock volts,or should I give them a little more to be stable.I remember something about that the vccsa volts is the one you need to up a bit for tighter timings and the dram volts are raised for running the ram at higher frequencey.I hope I am correct on this,if not let me know and if I should raise the volts on any of the two I mentioned.Thanks...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NIK1; 10-09-2014, 04:13 PM.

It is the opposite way around. Higher VCCSA for the CPU to support higher frequency. Higher DRAM Voltage for better RAM timings and frequency.

Comment

Thanks for the info.With the secondarys being pretty tight, how much should I up the dram volts to.It's at 1.65 now,or should I leave it there and stress test ,and if not stable up it a volt and try again.
      Last edited by NIK1; 10-09-2014, 01:43 PM.

Comment

For 10-10-12-2x i would not go over 1.65V unless you are primarily benchmarking, then try up to 1.70V and see if it helps. However usually +10 to +30mV should be enough to compensate for tighter subs.

You could also have overtightened one or two secondary timings, if you can't find stability even with a higher Vdimm. There are limits on low certain timings can be and some have dependencies with others. Then relax timing after timing, with tests in between, until you gain back full stability.

It would help to give your system specs and maybe some BIOS screenshots of timings/voltages in question, with those kind of questions.
        Last edited by emissary42; 10-09-2014, 02:32 PM.
        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Here is my ram settings from the bios.
          Attached Files

Comment

Your tREFI is probably a bit too high. That can produce all sorts of memory related errors.

Maybe leave everything else as it is, but reduce tREFI to 10360?
            Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Working...
            X