Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripjaws V (F4-3200C14D-16GVK) XMP/installation issues

Hello everyone!

I'm here for some advices on how to successfuly activate the XMP profile in BIOS for the nominal speeds and timings. The memory is a dual channel kit Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14 1.35v (F4-3200C14D-16GVK) that whatever i tried, it doesnt want to go more then 2133Mhz 15 15 15 36.
    Been trying, i think, almost all combinations using both mem sticks: XMP profile 1/2 with auto and manual 1.35V, Memory Try It in different combos of voltages and timings etc. and nothing seams to be working and even manual OC with different speeds, voltage and timings. Nothing works, i dont even get to boot. Been also trying by switching the memory sticks from slot to slot in different combos.
    The weirdest thing to me i discovered it last night when i realised that one of the sticks actually doesnt want to work alone nomatter what bank i insert it in. When used alone i get black screen, doesnt even get me to BIOS and RAM/CPU debug lights stay lit. If i a add the other mem stick, all goes back to normal- 16GB @2133MHz.
    Now, the other mem stick, surprisingly, if installed alone it works on XMP Profile 2 (3200MHz 14 14 14 34 tCR 75) like a charm...even booted to win10 and stable. No manual voltages, nor timings needed.etc.

So, what am i facing here, should i return the kit and ask for another. Could it be from the CPU mem controler? I suspect the memory module is not working as it should.

Thank you all in advance!

Cheers!

Some hw specs: MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon mobo with latest BIOS, AMD R7 1700 (@3600Mhz stable OC with auto voltage and stock cooler), SEASONIC Focus Gold + 650W PSU.
    Last edited by Vulpes; 04-17-2018, 08:20 PM.

If you can't even POST at default settings with one of the two modules in any memory slot, then that module might be faulty and be a case for a RMA.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Working...
    X