Clear All

• F4-3200C14D-16GFX 3200Mhz

Hello,

Here is my setup :
    F4-3200C14D-16GFX 3200Mhz 2x8Gb
    MSi X370 Gaming pro carbon
    Ryzen 7 1700X

I use the v1.80 of the bios.

I can get the ram to work to 3200Mhz with a stable OS, but the computer always reboot multiples times before i have the the mobo POST message. I've tried both Xmp1 and 2 settings, and alos tried to manually set 14-14-14-34 and 1.35V in settings, but it's always the same : reboot reboot reboot, and then it boot. Sometimes more than 5 times so the settings are resettings...

i'm a bit confused. so i have two question :

1) Wich setting should i use to run ram at 3200Mhz withut this boot issues. i'm a noob on overcloaking, so explaination are welcome.

2) what are the risk ? i guess if the setup is rebooting it means what there is a damage protection or something else ?

thank in advance

Did you boost SoC Voltage? Sounds like a setting may be slightly off and causing insufficient boot up

Which slots do you have the RAM installed in?

Comment

No i didn't changed the SoC voltage, i don't know wich value to change nor wich value to try. Tell wich Voltage could (safely) try.

Slots used are the slots recommanded by msi in the manual : DIMMA2 and DIMMB2.

EDIT : does bootlooping is a problem or not ? i mean is not normal, but since the OS is perfectly stable on full load for hours after booting.. I just like to know if it could damage de CPU/Mobo/Ram or anything else.

EDIT2: i tried Soc voltage 1.1750 and 1.1850. with 1.1360V ddram voltage ; 1.1850 seems better, i experienced one reboot in 3/4 boot (no stability problem, prime 95 running for more than an hout now). Is it safe ? I've read everywhere it should not be so high.... and i'm still having this bootloop issue.
      Last edited by jerph; 09-21-2017, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
        Did you boost SoC Voltage? Sounds like a setting may be slightly off and causing insufficient boot up
        I tried but still problem.... wich value should i try ?

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
        Which slots do you have the RAM installed in?
        DIMMA2 and DIMMB2

Sorry for asking again, but the system work fine but experiencing some bootloop before post message, is it problem or does it damage the components in anyway ? Should i stop overclocking ?

Comment

Every CPU is different, and may require a different amount. Did you try a lower frequency like 2933 to see if that can work first?

System has fail safe features so bootloop should not harm the system.

Comment

OK !

2933Mhz is fine, without bootloop, and all settings on automatic, since i've installed the last BIOS provided by MSI (v1.90).

3200Mhz still make some trouble : bootloop sometimes, stable OS, 3hours of prime 95 passed, but almost every big game crash "the memory cannot be read"..

So i stay at 2933 for now, unless you have recommandation for 3200Mhz.

Comment

Originally posted by jerph View Post
              OK !

2933Mhz is fine, without bootloop, and all settings on automatic, since i've installed the last BIOS provided by MSI (v1.90).

3200Mhz still make some trouble : bootloop sometimes, stable OS, 3hours of prime 95 passed, but almost every big game crash "the memory cannot be read"..

So i stay at 2933 for now, unless you have recommandation for 3200Mhz.

I'm running a Asrock fatality professional gaming with the 3200mhz flare-x (f4-3200c14d-16gfx) and I had all kinds of issues with it.. This memory should be removed from the qvl list, as its not reliably compatible at all.. I feel this was nothing more than a marketing gimmick by gskill and motherboard manufacturers..

I ended up having to run an soc voltage of 1.15 with dram voltage at its default 1.35, I also ran it at 1.36 and it also worked there, but this memory does not run out of the box reliably with its xmp profile....

Comment

Friend,

I have these same memories as you. Maybe you're setting something up wrong. Put it in the XMP Profile 2 and you will have the memories stably working for you. I'm finding it strange that both your mainboard and my XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM have these perfectly functional and stable settings for this memory since version 1.7 of bios having better stability in version 1.8 and 1.9.

Please check again.
                Hardware
                - 1un CPU AMD Ryzen 7 1800X
                - 1un Corsair Hydro Series H115i Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
                - 1un Mainboard MSI X370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM (MS-7A31) Bios 1.90
                - 1kit G.SKILL Flare X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Model F4-3200C14D-16GFX
                - 1un VGA MSI RADEON RX480 GAMING X 8GB
                - 1un Power Supply Corsair RM-1000 1000 watts
                - 1un SSD SanDisk Plus SDSSDA-240G-G26 – 240GB
                - 1un Corsair Obsidian Series 750D Performance Full Tower Case

Comment

Originally posted by jerph View Post
                  No i didn't changed the SoC voltage, i don't know wich value to change nor wich value to try. Tell wich Voltage could (safely) try.

Slots used are the slots recommanded by msi in the manual : DIMMA2 and DIMMB2.

EDIT : does bootlooping is a problem or not ? i mean is not normal, but since the OS is perfectly stable on full load for hours after booting.. I just like to know if it could damage de CPU/Mobo/Ram or anything else.

EDIT2: i tried Soc voltage 1.1750 and 1.1850. with 1.1360V ddram voltage ; 1.1850 seems better, i experienced one reboot in 3/4 boot (no stability problem, prime 95 running for more than an hout now). Is it safe ? I've read everywhere it should not be so high.... and i'm still having this bootloop issue.

As mentioned, make sure the memories are installed correctly. See manual positioning instructions. Generally you put, from right to left, the memory in the first and third slots.
                  Hardware
                  - 1un CPU AMD Ryzen 7 1800X
                  - 1un Corsair Hydro Series H115i Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
                  - 1un Mainboard MSI X370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM (MS-7A31) Bios 1.90
                  - 1kit G.SKILL Flare X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Model F4-3200C14D-16GFX
                  - 1un VGA MSI RADEON RX480 GAMING X 8GB
                  - 1un Power Supply Corsair RM-1000 1000 watts
                  - 1un SSD SanDisk Plus SDSSDA-240G-G26 – 240GB
                  - 1un Corsair Obsidian Series 750D Performance Full Tower Case

Comment

Working...
                  X