X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus m5a78l-m lx plus am3+

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M5A78LM_LX_PLUS/
    Phenom IIX2 560 BE 3.3GHz,rev.C3

What would be the best memory for this? I don't want to OC much, just tweak for a little performance. CPU will unlock easy to 3500MHz, very small case. No games, onboard iGFX, Office 2010, online, etc.

F3-10666CL9D-4GBXL
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231425

F3-12800CL9D-4GBXL
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231427

F3-14900CL9D-4GBXM ?
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231474

I have KHX1600C9D3X2K2/4GX in it now, FWIW WEI(memory) is 5.6, and 5.9 OC too much. It runs OK, but I don't want to go online and activate all my software. It was 7.3 with the 560 BE in another board I'm upgrading. Just to prove to myself that the KHX memory wasn't playing well with this board, I put this in(F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL) on low settings WEI 7.3

Any comments, suggestions, ect, is appreciated.

TIA.

IDK

Of those three with your CPU think I'd lean towards the F3-12800CL9D-4GBXL or for about $3 more maybe the F3-12800CL8D-4GBTD which at CL8 is a little higher performance, OCs well and if you were to drop to 1333 can be tightened down to CL7 and if (as you seem to indicate with your '?') you could run at 1866 would even run a little faster at 1866 than the F3-14900CL9D-4GBXM as the Tridents should hit 1866 at 9-9-9 opposed to the Ripjaws X specced 9-10-9

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi Tman

I got the F3-12800CL8D-4GBTD. Wish I had bought the F3-12800CL9D-4GBXL now. Still same as listed above.

Live and learn.

Thanks,

IDK

Comment

On your WEI score, that doesn't really tell much of anything, it's in large part based on how much DRAM you have opposed to the freq/speed of the DRAM - it's a very poor indicator - to see differences try running something like MaxxMem or in Windows go to a command line as administrator and run WINSAT MEM irt will provide you with MBs per second

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

x2@3300mhz AND 9 9 9 24 1T@667

C:\Windows\system 32>WINSAT MEM
          Windows System Assessment Tool
          > Running: Feature Enumeration ''
          > Run Time 00:00:00.00
          > Running: System memory performance assessment ''
          > Run Time 00:00:05.10
          > Memory Performance 12938.66 MB/s
          > Total Run Time 00:00:07.02

Thanks,

IDK

Comment

You can attempt lower timings like 8-8-8-24 @ 667MHz or 7-8-8-24.

About WEI, you may need to reinstall Windows, it may be a glitch.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hi GSKILL TECH or anyone

It could be a lot of different things and whatever results we get will be OK. Since, we are talking about reinstalling W7. What about just clearing the bios and putting in a FX-4100 and boothing up. What do you think? I'm not activated yet. Any harm?

What would the stock Fx-4100 cpu volts be? Then, I would be good to go. Also, I have a FX-6300 sitting in little better board with a 880G/850 chipset waiting for this one to be finished. What would the stock CPU volts be for it? I have 2x GSkills 2x4 kits for these, but want to try the Tridents first, they are a few seconds faster than the KHX @ 1.5v 667MHZ 9 9 9 24 5 33 10 4 1T. And as always with me, anyother comments, suggestions, etcs., is appreciated.

Thanks,

IDK

Comment

If you go with the FX just make sure BIOS is up to date before installing...As far as CPU voltage, the BIOS should set that initially for you and tou shouldn't really have to adjust (hopefully) until or if you start OCing it

Tman

Comment

Hi Tman, GSKILL TECH or anyone

Bios 1303 (2013.04.03)last
                  CPU Over Voltage [Auto] with a Phenom II BE =1.41 is the reason I ask. Not OCing.

Thanks,

IDK

Comment

I don't have one I can lay my hands on (I don't build on AMD) so not sure what 'normal' would be

Tman

Comment

the stock VID varies widely based on ASIC quality of each individual chip. It could be as high as 1.5v and still meet specification.

The only chips binned to have low VID/high ASIC quality are the "e" editions, which I haven't seen yet for fx, except for OEMs.
                      AMD's Official AM3/AM2+/AM2 Performance Tuning Guide

AMD's Official FX AM3+ Performance Tuning Guide

Comment

Working...
                      X