Crosshair V Formula-Z - Memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crosshair V Formula-Z - Memory

Hi I'm looking to purchase memory for my new ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z. I have used the G.Skills trident X series before with good success. I would like to use F3-2400C10D-8GTX with the AMD FX-8350 Vishera 4.0GHz and down clock to get Cas Latency: 9 at at around 2000mhz. I would like to use two 8 gig sticks if not, than I'll settle for 4 4s. I'm just not sure the two 8gig config is compatible with my board and cpu. Any help, thoughts, musings would be appreciated.

Tridents are the cream of the crop. AMD... FX platform is a real bear to tune, so be prepared for some hard work. I personally was able to do ddr3-2000 cl8 with a ripjawsx kit rated 2133cl9, but it was one of my most diffifult overclocks to stabilize.

AMD's Official AM3/AM2+/AM2 Performance Tuning Guide

AMD's Official FX AM3+ Performance Tuning Guide

Comment

Originally posted by damric View Post
      Tridents are the cream of the crop. AMD... FX platform is a real bear to tune, so be prepared for some hard work. I personally was able to do ddr3-2000 cl8 with a ripjawsx kit rated 2133cl9, but it was one of my most diffifult overclocks to stabilize.

Would I be better off with two 8s or 4 4s?

Comment

2 - 8s, one of the big problems w/ the AMD CPUs is the weak MC (Memory Controller) so less sticks, less stress on the MC

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm use the exact setup your talking about, just slaped her together.
          AMD 8350
          CM LIQUiD COOLING
          ASUS crosshairs v formula-z
          G skill (8gb x 2) 16gb total ddr3 24000
          HIS 7950 amd 3gb 382bt
          SSD 500 gb Samsung 840

OC. So far my CPU is hitting around 4.7ghz.
          OC. Video card 1100mhz, memory 1575mhz
          OC. G skill memory is stable at 2135mhz!

The memory works fine with the CPU at factory clock settings I was getting 2400mhz out of the trident X
          Haven benched score 2385 FPS. 91.5
          Hope this helps

Comment

Could you post your BIOS settings, that might help others

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X